Comparative Constitutional Law & Administrative Law Quarterly (CALQ): Call for Papers
The Centre for Comparative Constitutional Law & Administrative Law meanders across the relationship between the grund norms of several nations. For this reason, the Comparative Constitutional Law & Administrative Law Quarterly (CALQ) attempts to initiate and foster academic dialogue concerning the subject of administrative law and constitutional law from a global perspective.
CALQ is an attempt to compare the constitutional theories, principles and legal theories prevalent in different legal regimes ranging from common law and civil law jurisdictions. It strives to provide novel and original material in the fields of current political crises, globalised democratic governance, human rights, public policies, the theory and philosophy of rights, comparative constitutional law and the methodology of law.
CALQ is an initiative of the Center for Comparative Constitutional and Administrative Law Studies of National Law University, Jodhpur. CALQ invited submission for the very first issue (Issue 1.1) in the following categories from legal academicians, professionals and students:
- Articles - Articles not exceeding 6000 (six thousand) words, discussing recent developments in the concerned field will be eligible for submission. Articles on Constitutional Law should be comparative in nature, involving any legal regime. However, articles in the area of Administrative Law are not subjected to this requirement.
- Notes - Notes should be based on certain specific issue associated with any policy or legal issue. The comments of the author must be comparative in nature, Submissions in this category should not exceed 4000 (four thousand) words.
- Case Comment - Case Comments with respect to recent judgments of significance in the field of Constitution Law with a comparative analysis of a judgment from another legal regime are invited. A critical analysis of the cases is encouraged. Submissions should not exceed 3000 (three thousand) words.
- Manuscript must be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 350 words.
- Joint Authorship is allowed with the maximum of two authors.
- The manuscript must be accompanied by a Covering Letter stating the following:
Name of the Author/s
Contact Number & Address
Title of the Manuscript
- The Title of the manuscript must be mentioned on the Cover Letter as well as on the first page of the manuscript.
- The content of the manuscript should not have the name of the author/s or the name of their institution or any other entry which would indicate the identity of the author/s.
- The manuscript must be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with 1.5 Line Spacing.
- The References must be cited as Footnotes in the submission and not as endnotes.
- The Author/s are required to refer to Annexure I of the Submission Guideline for the Footnoting style. In case an entry is not covered under Annexure I, then the Chicago Manual of Style should be used by the Author/s.
- The Journal shall follow British English.
- The manuscript submitted should be original and unpublished.
- Upon the selection of the article by the Editorial Board of CALQ, the copyright of the article shall transfer to the Board when the Author/s has been intimidated about the choice.
- Author/s may be asked to revise or resubmit the manuscript within a stipulated time. Upon re-submission of the manuscript, the author/s would be required to mention the suggestion made by the Editorial Board and the subsequent changes made by the author/s.
- In case of an offer of publication from another journal for the submitted manuscript, the author/s may request an expedited review via a mail to email@example.com with the details about the Journal which has extended the offer and the manuscript attached.
- In case of any further clarifications, kindly send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Author/s are required to email the manuscript to email@example.com
- The manuscript may be mailed in '.doc' or '.docx' format.
- The subject of the mail must clearly mention 'Submission for CALQ (2013) Volume 1.1.
- The mail must be addressed to the 'Board of Editors' providing the name of the author/s with the name of the institution affiliated to and the contact details.
- A mail confirming the receipt of your manuscript and subsequently the acceptance of your manuscript for publication would be duly conveyed to the author/s through the email id mentioned on the Covering Letter of the manuscript.
- The last date for submission is 1st January, 2013
Download Submission Guidelines