Corporate Counsel Asia 2013
Chief Legal Officer (CLO) or General Counsel is the one who will manage the overall legal issues in a corporation. However, due to rapid development of the industry such as globalization, expansion and global recession, their job scopes have getting wider and more complicated. Instead of just focusing solely on the managing the legal related issues, they are expected to be well equipped with leadership and management skills. Building on a major shift that took place over the past three decades, they no longer are limited to a reactive role overseeing litigation farmed out to law firms but instead are key members of the corporate decision-making team. This includes having a "great relationship" with the CEO and CFO, and being a respected adviser to the board of directors, so they will rely on the Counsel's guidance to pre-empt problems as decisions are being made.
The emerging role of today's global counsel, also deals with issues ranging from corrupt regimes and rule of law matters in developing nations to concerns about corporate reputation, sweatshop labor among suppliers, piracy, and safety threats to executives and other employees. At the same time, they have assumed the critical role of ethical watchdog, tasked with ensuring corporate compliance, not to mention understanding the political and cultural landscape of each jurisdiction in which the company operates.
Date: 5th - 6th March, 2013
Venue: JW Marriott Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Why this Event?
One of the most comprehensive and across the board conferences that focus on corporate issues that take place in Asian region across industries.
- Speakers and panelists are professionals and in- house counsels that have been dealing with corporate legal related issues in their respective multi-national companies (MNCs) across regions.
- In depth and accurate case studies and real life examples related to corporate law management by professionals from top multinational companies as well as international law firms.
- Intense panel discussion and round table sessions moderated by recognized general and regional counsels from various industries that will provide guidance, insight and valuable knowledge based on their vast experiences.
- Gain networking opportunities abound. Meet the right professional and talent in order to facilitate your company or firm's growth.
- Obtain competitive advantage in corporate law and legal risk management. Explore other practical strategies that help reducing cost and enhancing performance by reducing the legal risk and be in control whenever unforeseen emergencies occur.
- Share the view and vision with the recognized experts in their respective industries as they will provide their insight on what shall happen in regards to the opportunities for growth and development in this region.
- Exchange ideas and experiences with experts and delegates that come from various multi-national companies, as well as law firms and explore new solutions in regards to corporate related legal issues.
- Re-think the potential strategies and implementations through case studies and experience exposure from general and regional counsels.
- Various speakers from this impressive speaker line-up shall provide valuable enlightenment that will definitely make positive impact toward your company, and most importantly, you!!!
What is so unique about this event?
Corporate Counsel Asia 2013 (CCA 2013) is an exclusive platform for the legal professionals across industries and law firms in Asia region to share and explore most, if not all, the insights, experiences and solutions in regards to legal related issues across Asia region.
This conference shall involve in-house general and regional counsels from multi-national corporations and they shall share their experience and insight on what is happening and what can you expect while working with various departments, cultures, religions, nationalities and languages in their daily task, due to organizational change, expansion and globalization.
Listen to speakers from various multinational companies such as Nike, eBay, Cisco, PepsiCo, Sony Mobile, Unilever, Maxis, HP, Shell and others as they will share their knowledge and past experiences on what they have faced and how do they cope with all these issues and disputes related to corporate law. Moreover, this conference will also highlight internal issues that will be faced by ever changing in-house counsels such as cost reduction and performance improvement, latest technologies and trend in corporate law, legal risk management, organization and brand protection, legal outsourcing and many more.
All these and definitely more to anticipate from this one of the biggest corporate legal conferences in Asia region. Welcome to Corporate Counsel Asia 2013!!
Who should attend?
The Corporate Counsel Asia 2013 is specially designed and meant for but not limited to Chief Legal Officers, Directors, VPs, Division Heads, GMs, Counsels, Advisors, Specialists and Senior Managers of:
- Risk Management
- Project Management
From all across industries as such:
- Banking & Finance
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Information Technology
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Entertainment & Media and others
UNI Strategic Pte Ltd
Phone: +65-6825 9630
Fax: +65-6776 2120