Seminar on Takeover Code and Competition Law
Achromic Point is organizing a Business Program on "Takeover Code and Competition Law" scheduled in Hotel Eros in New Delhi on 21st December 2012.
There has been a steady increase in corporate restructuring by Indian companies to adapt to the evolving competitive landscape. Taking into consideration the growing level of M & A activity in India, the increasing sophistication of takeover market, over a decade-long regulatory experience and various judicial pronouncements, it was felt necessary to review the Takeover Regulations. Considering the substantive changes recommended upon review of the existing law governing substantial acquisition of the shares and takeovers, the Committee has recommended comprehensive reform of the regulations.
Some of the main recommendations of the Committee along with the current provisions will be covered in this seminar. The seminar will also discuss issues which are likely to arise during the scrutiny of the Mergers & Acquisitions by the Competition Commission of India under the New Merger Regulations ("Regulations") which have been brought in to force. The Seminar will also focus on whether the thresholds under the Regulations are realistic and whether there is a need to propose some sector specific exemptions.
Date: 21st December, 2012 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Venue: Hotel Eros Managed By Hilton, New Delhi
Benefits of Attending:
- Learn the complexity, implication & benefits of recent economic and regulatory reforms
- Learn the Key Concepts of SEBI's New Takeover Code
- Learn about the current M & A landscape in India under Competition Act
- Discussion on current economic scenario and its impact on Domestic & Cross Border M & As
Who should attend?
CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, Financial Heads, Legal Heads, Compliance Officers, Corporate Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Valuation Professionals
SEBI Takeover Regulations-An overview and critical analysis of Important Definitions
- Reporting, Disclosures, Indirect Acquisition and Open Offer, Public Announcement and process to be followed for Voluntary Offer and Compulsory Offer
- Important Exemptions; and special circumstances for seeking exemption from TakeoverPanel
- Overview of Competition Law
- Anti Competition Agreement, Abuse of Dominance, Combination Regulation of Combinations (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Threshold Limits
- Exemptions Available
- Relevant Provisions
- Framework of Assessment
- Process to be followed for seeking CCI approval and Case Studies for recent order and order u/s 43A
- Penal Provisions
Mr. Atul Mittal
Director - M & A Tax & Regulatory
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd.
E-517, 3rd Floor, Rohit Plaza
Near Ramphal Crossing, Sector-7,
Dwarka, New Delhi - 110075
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, info-IND@achromicpoint.com