National Conference on Service Tax
The ASSOCHAM has received several issues on new service tax regime from trade and industry which need clarification or reconsideration by the Government to remove implementation difficulties. In order to bring greater awareness about the new tax system and to provide clarifications across the table, ASSOCHAM is organizing a National Conference on Service Tax
Date: 30th November, 2012
Venue: Hyatt Regency, Mumbai
The issues which need further clarification or reconsideration would be taken up with the Government.
Aim of the Conference:
- To provide real time clarity to the participants from senior tax administrators on the provisions of new service tax regime;
- Direct feedback to the Government on issues raised at the conference by participants from various industry segments and professionals and seek resolution;
- To focus on the issues related to various industries/service providers for the consideration of the Government for the forthcoming budget for the year 2013-14 in the field of Indirect Taxes particularly Service Tax and CENVAT Credit.
- Sharing of knowledge and experience on new service tax regime among participants and experts
Conference will be addressed by Shri R. Sekar, Commissioner Service Tax at Mumbai.
It would also be addressed by the experts from the Industry / Tax profession including Shri Nihal Kothari, Chairman, ASSOCHAM National Council on Indirect Taxes, Shri J K Mittal, Co-Chairman ASSOCHAM National Council on Indirect Taxes & Shri Sachin Menon, Partner & National Head-Indirect Tax, KPMG.
ASSOCHAM has always been a frontrunner in disseminating vital information and taking the cause of the member of trade and industry to the government, especially in the case of taxation related matters. This national conference will cover the following topics among others:
- Scope of services covered under negative list, Mega exemption notification and declared services
- Complexity in implementation of service tax in respect of works contracts, infrastructure and real estate sector under different business models
- Disputes regarding valuation under service tax
- CENVAT credit restrictions in several cases including reverse charge & new capital investment
- Ambiguity in 'Place of Provision of Service Rules, Exports of services and Point of Taxation Rules
Who Should Attend?
CEOs, CFOs, Finance / Accounts / Legal Executives, Senior Auditors and Financial Professionals / Consultants, Service providers and manufacturing availing CENVAT credit, Exporters of services, Users of services provided in India or abroad, Middle & Senior Level executives dealing in Indirect Taxes in the corporate world as well as the practicing CA, CS, CWA and other related professionals.
Rs. 5000/- per participant, including Service Tax: 10% discount for two persons and 20% discount for three or more persons from the same organization
- Mr. Avinash Sharma +91-9811524976 / email@example.com
- Mr. Ankit Raghav +91-9999068767 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Akshat Agarwal +91-9873847923 / email@example.com
- Mr. Krishan Sharma +91-8512072265 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 1, Community Centre Zamrudpur
Kailash Colony, New Delhi - 110 048
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Fax: 46536481/46536482 46536497/46536498
Download Registration Form