Common Law Admission Test - CLAT 2013
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance test conducted by 14 National Law Universities/Institutes for admissions to five-year integrated under-graduate and post graduate degree programmes. The 14 participating NLUs in the order of their establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
The Common Law Admission Test 2013, for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes of member National Law Universities, is tentatively scheduled to take place on Sunday, 12th May, 2013 from 3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. The CLAT-2013 is being conducted by Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur.
The first CLAT Core Committee (consisting of Vice-Chancellors of the participating Universities/Institutes) decided that the test should be conducted by rotation in the order of their establishment. Accordingly, CLAT-2008 (NLSIU, Bangalore), CLAT-2009 (NALSAR, Hyderabad), CLAT-2010 (NLIU, Bhopal), CLAT-2011 (WBNUJS, Kolkata) and CLAT - 2012 (NLUJ, Jodhpur) were conducted.
Under-graduate programme offered by the national law universities:
Five year integrated B.A./B.Sc.
Offered by NUJS, NLU Jodhpur and GNLU
Five year integrated B.B.A.
Offered by GNLU, NLU Jodhpur and NLUO
BSW/ B.Com. LL.B (Hons.) Degree Courses
Offered by GNLU
Post-graduate programme offered by the national law universities:
Two Year LL.M:
NLUO offers Conjoint LL.M Ph. D. Programme.
Important Note: CNLU, Patna and NUSRL, Ranchi do NOT offer this course
Under-Graduate Programmes: To be eligible to appear in CLAT-2012, a candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent qualification from a recognised Board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD).Candidates who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.o Age of candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates (22 years in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability) as on 1st July, 2012. The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission and be able to submit its proof.
Post-Graduate Programmes: To be eligible for appearing in CLAT-2012, a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability). Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.
Common Law Admission Test, CLAT-2013
Hidayatullah National Law University
Uparwara Post, Abhanpur,
New Raipur - 493661, Chhattisgarh
Phone: 0771 - 3057603/604
Fax: 0771 - 3057666/600