Winter School Certificate Program on Cyber Law and Cyber Security
GNLU, Center for Banking Investment & Taxation in association with Cyberra Legal Services (CLS) is inviting applications for the Winter School Certificate Program on Cyber Law and Cyber Security from 6th to 15th December, 2012.
Information technology has enhanced the communication & has facilitated the growth of trade and commerce. The technology has fastened the online banking and other commercial transactions. It has facilitated the online frauds and other criminal activities such as defamation, theft, obscenity, pornography, pishing and violence etc.
The biggest advantage for the offender committing online crimes is that they can remain anonymous. The regulatory sphere is still in a nascent stage and continuously evolving every passing day.
This winter school organized by the Gujarat National Law University in Collaboration with CLS-Cyberra Legal Services aim to extend knowledge of cyber law & cyber security among upcoming lawyers as well as technology, management and commerce students.
The said program is open for students of LL.B / LLM / CS / ICWA / CA / MBA BBA / BCA / MCA / M.sc (IT) / PGDCA / Engineering / Commerce Program in India or abroad.
- Introduction to Information technology & Cyber Law
- Basics of E-commerce and Computer Fraud Techniques
- Cyber Security Fundaments, Techniques and Core Principles
- Cyber Space, Technology & Issues
- Regulating Cyber Space: International
- Regulating Cyber Space: National
- E-contract & Electronic Data Interchange
- E-signature and E-governance legality under I.T.Act,2000
- Cyber Contraventions & Crimes under I.T.Act,2000
- ISP's Legal Liability under I.T. Act,2000
- Corporate Legal Liability under I.T.Act,2000
- Adjudication Process For Recovery of Losses under I.T.Act,2000
- IPR & Cyber Space
- Taxation Issues in Cyber Space
- Basics of Cyber Forensic and Investigation
- Case Studies and Case Laws
The program is of one week's duration from 6th to 15th December, 2012. Specially compiled Exclusive Study material will be provided along with Information Technology Bare Act with latest amendments & relevant rules.
How to Apply:
The application form can be downloaded from www.gnlu.ac.in or www.cyberralegalservices.com or write to Mr. Amit Kashyap, Coordinator, Winter School Programs or Mrs. C.M. Thakker, Coordinator, CLS along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 150/- drawn in favor of Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar.
Note: Candidate can also pay cash for registration in accounts section of GNLU & get Prospectus & application form. Prospectus & application form can also be obtained from CLS Ahmedabad office as well.
Candidate should write "Winter School Certificate Program on Cyber Law & Cyber Security" on the envelope containing Application along with DD or fee receipt.
The last date for receipt of the form and other documents is 30th November, 2012.
Mr. Amit Kumar Kashyap
Coordinator - Summer School Programs
Gujarat National Law University
Atalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba - Gandhinagar - 382 028, Gujarat
Mrs. C.M. Thakker
Coordinator - Cyberra Legal Services
CLS - 2nd Floor, Asha Complex,
Bh. Navarangpura Police Station, Navarangpura,
Ahmedabad - 380009, Gujarat
Download Prospectus, Application Form