First International Symposium on Law and Business of Entertainment
In consonance with the aims and objectives of the Entertainment Law Society, which has been founded at Karnataka State Law University, Hubli, the student founders of the Society, under the aegis of their University and support from Dr. Kalyan, the national expert in IP, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and Founding Partner of Brain League IP Services Ltd. are hosting the first-of-its-kind intellectual discourse in India - an international symposium on Law and Business of Entertainment.
This unique Symposium aims at creating a synergy between the professional Entertainment Law Experts, the major stakeholders of the Indian Entertainment Industry and Entertainment Law academicians worldwide. With this blended mixture of professional competence, academic creativity and the stakeholders' firsthand experience in the industry, this symposium hopes to achieve, practical and viable solutions to the problems faced by various factions associated with the Entertainment Industry.
The Editorial Board of Entertainment Law Society shall scrutinize and select the best abstracts, which shall be presented in the symposium by the respective author(s) and the selected papers shall be qualified for publication in the Journal, to be released by the Entertainment Law Society.
Date: 6th - 7th December, 2012
Venue: Karnataka State Law University, Hubli
The focus of the submissions shall be restricted to Themes (specified in the attachment pertaining to Symposium) incorporated in the symposium on 'Law and Business of Entertainment.'
Guidelines for Submission:
- The abstract shall not exceed 350 words and shall be sent on or before 15th November, 2012 to email@example.com. Authors of the selected abstracts shall be intimated on 18th November, 2012.
- The selected authors shall send their complete papers, which shall not exceed 5000 words, to aforementioned email address in electronic format latest by 30th November, 2012
- The manuscript of the submission shall be in MS Word format, with the page size A4, font style Times New Roman and font size 12. The line spacing shall be 1.5.
- The mode of citation shall be as prescribed by the Blue Book System of Citation (19 Ed.)
- The submissions shall include a cover page mentioning the title of the submission, name of the author, Year of study or designation, name of the institution, contact details of the author.
- A maximum of 2 authors can co-author a single manuscript.
The organizers shall possess the copyrights pertaining to the submissions made.
Please note the symposium is restricted to 150 delegates (students/academicians/legal professionals) on a first come first serve basis. To register for participation please send the duly filled Registration Form along with the DD drawn in favour of Finance Officer, KSLU payable at Hubli, to The Director, Entertainemnt Law Society, Karnataka State Law University, Navanagr, Hubli, Karnataka. - 580025
Registration Fee Details:
Professionals & Others
Academicians / Research Scholars
Note: Fee does not include accommodation charges.
Mr. Shrinivasreddy Mudagannavar
Phone: +91 - 9738031563
Ms. Megha Savanur
Phone: +91 - 9900553086
Ms. Pranusha Kulkarani
Phone: +91 - 7829015642
Mr. Shanel Punnoose
Phone: +91 - 9008883909
Mr. Tanmay Patil
Phone: +91 - 9060171000
Mr. P. Anantha Bhat
Phone: +91 - 9620727378
Download Registration Form