Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition 2013
The Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition - 2013 shall be held from 15th - 17th February, 2013 at JSS Law College, New Kantharaje Urs Road, Kuvempunagar, Mysore - 570023, Karnataka.
Prof. K S Suresh, Principal, will be the National Administrator. The competition shall be in the English language.
- The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five year course during the current academic year interested in Tax, Corporate and Commercial Laws and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- Students of The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India & the Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. Students who have completed their law/Company Secretary/ Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Member Swapping: For the Semi-final and the Final rounds teams shall be permitted to request participants from other teams to plead before the court on their behalf. That participant shall however still retain his/her individual code and shall address the court accordingly. In the event a team, which has exercised such an option, wins the competition that particular participant shall receive 1/4th of the prize money and a winning certificate from the organisers.
The teams must register by 23rd January, 2013. Communication should be sent on the college letterhead duly signed by the VC / Director / Registrar / Principal. Registration particulars may also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org marked as Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Registration as the subject of the mail.
Accommodation, Food & Transport:
(a) Accommodation (b) food and (c) transport between the hostel / hotel and the competition venue to the participating teams will be provided by JSS Law College, Mysore. The address and the phone number of the hotel / guesthouse will be provided in www.mootsite.com once it is finalized. The name and mobile number of the student volunteers in charge of transport / accommodation will also be made available after finalization. Teams should fill in their travel plan positively by 5.30 p.m. on 1st February, 2013.
Chairperson, Moot Court Committee,
JSS Law College, New Kantharaje Urs Road,
Kuvempunagar, Mysore - 570 023,
Phone: 0821 - 2548244
Fax: 0821 - 2548243
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. S. Ravichandran
Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Moot Court Coordinator
Phone: 044 - 2812 0000
Fax: 044 - 28120001
- Anu S Nattar; Phone: +91-9900477021; Email: email@example.com
- Deepthi; Phone: +91-7676910688; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pallava; Phone: +91-8123837510; Email: email@example.com
- Prathap C P; Phone: +91-8904542543; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Moot Problem, Rules, Registration Form, Clarification