FICCI announces online IPR course on Pharmaceutical Research (CCIPR)
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has started an online certificate course on IPR and pharmaceutical R & D (CCIPR).
Objective of the Course:
To provide a platform to understand the working of pharmaceutical industry, its business models, research, regulatory aspects and its relevance with respect to intellectual property rights.
Eligibility/Who Should Register:
- Any student in pharmacy/ pharmaceutical sciences faculty doing (B. Pharm, M. Pharm, PhD).
- Pharmaceutical industry persons (junior levels).
- Those interested in career in pharmaceutical research from the faculty of Medicine, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biosciences, Sciences, Life sciences and others.
- Those willing to enter Pharmaceutical R & D, Formulations, Generics, NDDS, Regulatory affairs, Drug discovery, Clinical research, Toxicology, International Business, Business strategy and the like.
Registration Start Date:
22nd September, 2012
Registration Closing Date:
25th October, 2012
Conduct of the Course:
November, 2012 - April, 2013
Importance of the Course:
Pharmaceutical industry is a research based industry and requires scientists in huge numbers every year. The growing pharmaceutical R & D operations fuel the need for understanding IPR (Intellectual property rights) for pharmacy graduates and those in research. IPR is important in this era of globalization and competition.
The current academic syllabus of pharmacy courses do not provide adequate knowledge about the research activities in the pharmaceutical industry, the business models, intellectual property rights and their relevance in research (Pharma R & D) and business environment which is global and highly competitive.
This course is aimed to fulfill these requirements and is designed for pharmacy students and junior level scientists in the pharmaceutical industry.
- State-of-the-art course material designed to provide details about pharmaceutical R & D and its correlation to IPR.
- First course dedicated to the pharmaceutical research and IPR.
- The course is designed considering pharmaceutical students, who wish to enter pharmaceutical industry and junior level scientists, who wish to have deeper understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Course also involves three different competitions at different levels (After 2 months; After 4 months and Case paper competition, which is module 6). The winner of each competition would receive certificate of appreciation and an award of Rs. 5000/-.
- The contents are easy to understand, written by industry experts, experts from academia.
- Online support for queries.
- Fortnightly IPR Updates to participants
This is an online course of 6 months duration. The students would be provided with one module in first 5 months and the sixth module is based on case study. The students are required to study the 5 modules and need to prepare a case study based on the learnings and contents of the course.
At the end of sixth month there would be an online examination and certificates would be issued to the successful candidates.
- For students: Rs. 10,000/-
- For Industry Professionals: Rs. 15,000/-
- Those interested are required to fill the online Registration Form available on the website.
- Payment for the Course, as applicable, is to be made through Cheque/DD in favour of "FICCI", payable at New Delhi.
- The Registrants are requested to write the Name, Username made while registering online and Contact Number/Mobile Number, on the reverse side of the Cheque/DD.
- Cheque/DD is to be sent to FICCI through courier/speed post, addressed to Mr. Abhishek Bajaj, Senior Assistant Director, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi - 110001.
- The Cheque/DD should reach to the above mentioned address on or before 25th October, 2012.
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Federation House, Tansen Marg,
New Delhi - 110 001
Phone: 011-23487477, 011-23766930