Journal of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Crimes: Call for Papers
Journal of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Crimes ("JCACC") is an effort by the students of NALSAR University of Law to provide an efficacious platform for academicians, lawyers, law faculties, legal advisors, eminent jurists in the legal fraternity and students alike to discuss, highlight and express valid concerns over issues related to company law and corporate crimes happening across the globe.
The Journal intends to invoke discussions and ventilation to thought provoking ideas on legal issues pertaining to corporate law and corporate crimes by legal scholars, jurists and students across the globe. The Journal is also the first of its kind initiative for focusing issues involving corporate crimes. The first edition of the Journal was released on the 17th of September, 2011.
The Journal is an annual publication carried out on a roll in basis.
The Journal of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Crimes would seek to specifically and exclusively address a broad spectrum of company affairs related topics. International and interdisciplinary in scope, it seeks to publish refereed theoretical, descriptive, methodological, and applied papers. All aspects of companies, justice and law would be comprehensively discussed.
In addition, the journal seeks to frequently include articles that address contemporary theoretical and conceptual controversies, allowing the reader to stay informed of ongoing debates. The journal also seeks to publish overview articles on particular aspects of company law, justice and crimes/ scams/ corporate frauds/ insider trading etc. updating the reader on research and theoretical developments.
Call for Papers:
The Journal of Corporate Affairs and Corporate Crimes invites articles of high caliber that address contemporary theoretical and conceptual controversies on particular aspects of company law, justice and crimes/ scams/ corporate frauds/ insider trading and other company affairs related topics. Undergraduate and post graduate students may contribute in the form of essays, articles, notes and comments in accordance with the editorial policy.
The last date for submission of papers is 15th January, 2013. (revised date)
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000 5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges challenging existing paradigms/norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the author may decide to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th ed.). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Abstract: Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 350 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A separate document with biographical information of the authors must also be attached including the following details: Name, E mail address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
As per the NALSAR Policy on Academic Misconduct, "plagiarism" means failure to acknowledge ideas or phrases from another source. Such source is not limited to published text. Acknowledgement of others' work is expected even if the source was a discussion (whether oral or written) with another person, or use of materials on the internet.
- Multiple submissions are not allowed: "Multiple Submission" means submitting the same, or largely the same, piece of work in more than one journal or competition, without written permission from the instructors involved and or recycling of any part of a previously written piece of work whether or not published without appropriate reference to their your own prior work. Prior permission shall be required if the recycled work forms more than 5% of the new work.
- Misrepresenting work: Misrepresenting work prepared by another as one's own means submitting work that has been prepared by someone else (whether for payment or not) as one's own work. This would include instances where excessive help is taken from another person such that the assessment objective and intention of the assignment/ exercise is frustrated.
Note: It is assumed that work submitted is represented as being authored by the person on whose behalf it is submitted. Falsification of Work Product is falsifying, concocting or misrepresenting of data, statistics, or other observations/ information.
All submissions should be made electronically at email@example.com. The last date for submission of manuscripts is 15th January, 2013.
Phone: +91 9553450981
Phone: +91 9618555659
Phone: +91 9000464711
Phone: +91 8978997150