National Seminar on "Social Justice, Development and Secularism: Philosophical Reflections on Contemporary National and Northeast Indian Scenario"
The seminar is organized by department of philosophy, Pachhunga University College (Constituent College of Mizoram University), Aizawl, Mizoram in association with Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR), New Delhi.
Date: 29th - 30th November, 2012
The Seminar intends to raise important questions related to conceptual, analytical and methodological understanding of practices of social justice, Development and Secularism and their attendant problems as experienced in the margins. The concepts of 'social justice', 'development' and 'secularism' evoke serious debates in Philosophy and other human sciences.
The Seminar can broadly deal with the following sub themes:
- Ideas of Social Justice, Development and Secularism
- Ethics of Development and rights
- Scenario of Social justice and the question of Reservation and related issues
- Secularism and its Applications in the context of Social Justice
- Specific Socio-Cultural Problems of Cultural and linguistic Communities of Northeast India
- Minority Rights and religious freedom
- Models of development and Alternative Choices
- Indian Constitution and social Justice
- Social Policy, Development, Minorities and Secular Practices.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 31st October, 2012 (Wednesday)
- Last date for full Papers Submission: 15th November, 2012 (Thursday)
Pachhunga University College,
College Veng, Aizawl - 796001,