National Students' Conference on International Humanitarian Law (revised dates)
Law of Conflict widely known as International Humanitarian Law has never been so vulnerable as it stands today. The rules governing International Humanitarian Law are comprehensive in nature but the problem lies with the implementation of these rules. Besides, the novel issues of terrorism & conduct of hostilities has put the International Humanitarian Law in the dire state of affairs. Therefore there are numerous challenges the International Humanitarian Law which needs to be addressed by the International Community. Hence a stimulating discussion of on the international humanitarian principles and contemporary issues in this area has become the need of the hour.
Institute of Law, Nirma University invites you to participate in the National Students Conference on International Humanitarian Law in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Date: 19th January, 2013
The Conference will also mark the inauguration of "Centre for International Humanitarian Law Studies" to be established at the Institute of Law, Nirma University in collaboration with ICRC
- Securing Compliance with International Humanitarian Law: Contemporary Enforcement Mechanisms
- Military Interventions and the principles of Proportionality and Necessity
- International Humanitarian Law and the New Weapon Technologies
Guidelines for the Paper Submission:
- An abstract should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 Font Size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 Font Size)
- Abstract (not exceeding 200 words) should reach latest by 15th December, 2012 in Soft Copy. The Final paper (not exceeding 4000 words) should reach latest by 25th December, 2012 in Soft Copy.
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the author(s), complete mailing address (es), Telephone No. and e-mail address (es)
- The text of the full paper and abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will be blind reviewed.
- Acceptance of the Abstract would be notified within 7 days of the receipt of the same. The complete paper should reach us latest by 10th October 2012.
- Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published under review for any other publication will not be considered.
Registration fees for the National Students' Conference On International Humanitarian Law shall be Rs. 500/- which should be payable by Demand Draft in favor of 'Institute of Law, Nirma University' payable at Ahmedabad. Details of the accommodation will be published soon.
Last day for the Submission of Abstract:
15th October, 2012
Last day for the Submission of Final Papers:
25th December, 2012
19th January, 2013
Ms. Radhika Jagtap
Ms. Venu Nanavaty
Mr. Rhishikesh Dave
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway
Ahmedabad - 382 481
Download Registration Form