National Seminar on Financial Law & Policy: An Inter - Disciplinary Approach
A National Seminar is being organized by National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi in collaboration with National Law University, Delhi.
Date: 1st December, 2012
Venue: National Law University, Delhi
- Appropriate means of oversight over financial regulators and their autonomy from the government;
- Consumer protection as an aspect of financial regulations;
- Role of the Central Bank in financial market regulation and supervision
- Resolution of financial firms;
- Principle - based or ruled - based legislation: what will work in India?
- Unified regulator or sectoral regulator: which will work in India?
- Financial Regulation and competition policy
- Emergency powers in systemic risk situation
- Legal process in financial regulation
Call for Papers:
The author(s) has to submit the completed, original and unpublished paper with the Seminar Co - ordination Committee by 1st November, 2012 (23.59 hrs). The Seminar Co - ordination Committee will be responsible for evaluation and selection of the top 5 papers. The authors of the 5 selected papers will be invited to NLU, Delhi to present their papers before an elite panel composing of legal practitioners and members of FSLRC.
The paper must not exceed 5000 words (excluding footnotes or endnotes).
The paper must be in Times New Roman font, character size 12 and with 1.5 spacing. Footnotes or endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, character size 10 and with single spacing. No specific style of footnotes/endnotes is required. However, the footnotes/ endnotes must be written in a uniform style and provide necessary information.
The Paper must be mailed to email@example.com in soft copy (pdf format) by 1st November, 2012 (23.59 hrs) along with:
- duly filled - in attached registration form (soft copy)
- presentation in .ppt/.pdf format that the author seeks to use in the course of the presentation (optional)
- The subject of the mail should be 'Paper submission'.
Papers may be contributed by any person (academicians, researchers, practitioners, students etc.) interested in contemporary financial regulations.
Co - authorship:
Papers may be works of joint authorship.
Last date for submission of the completed paper:
1st November , 2012 (23.59 hrs)
Intimation of shortlisted papers:
15th November, 2012
Date of seminar:
1st December, 2012
National Law University, Delhi
Sector 14, Dwarka,
New Delhi - 110078
Download Registration Form