National Seminar - Intellectual Property Rights on Copyright, Patent and Protection of Indigenous Medicinal Plants, Herbs, Roots and Practices
Born out of a unique vision, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) aims to provide domain specific and industry approach of academics in Energy Sector in India in Law, Management and Engineering. The UPES campus is located in the sylvan surroundings of the Pondha valley at the foothills of the Himalayas in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, offering an environment conducive to academic, personal and professional growth.
Date of the Seminar: 24th - 25th November, 2012
"Rights" positive and negative are a subject matter of intense deliberations and discussions from time immemorial. The concerns get new dimensions when the topic of scrutiny is the intellectual property of an individual in the emerging technologically advanced digital era. The College of Legal Studies, offers an open stage for intense and intuitive brainstorming by artists, social scientists, legal researchers and professionals at the first National Seminar on "Intellectual Property Rights on Copyrights, Patent and Protection of Indigenous Medicinal Plants, Herbs, Roots and Practices"
- Protection of medicinal plants
- Coding and decoding of medicinal formulations from plant products
- Sui generis methods of traditional knowledge protection and importance
- Constitutional provisions for performer's and artists
- Challenges in the enforcement of copyrights in contemporary India
- Comparative concerns of global enforcement of copyrights & performer's rights
- Challenges of protection of artistic creativity in the context of media convergence
- Challenges of enforcement of protection of copyright laws in the digital era
- Emerging forms of copyright licensing in the digital era
Call for Papers:
Research papers should be complete and original in content. Submission would be shared with all the participants. Papers should be restricted to 3000 words formatted in Times New Roman font 12.5 with 1.5 line spacing.
Faculty and Other Distinguished Scholars
Corporate Sector and Government Organizations
Dr. Lakshmi Priya Vinjamuri
Mr. Deva Prasad