International Conference on India-Sri Lanka Relations: Strengthening SAARC
The Centre for Indian Ocean Studies (CIOS) is working towards Urban Development and Regional Planning in the Countries of the Indian Ocean Region. CIOS is a multi-disciplinary research institution including the subjects of - Economics, Geography, Political Science and Sociology.
The objective of the conference is to appraise the role of SAARC in the economic betterment of the region in promoting India - Sri Lanka relations; as a first step of SAARC countries for strengthening future relations, and promoting multilateral relations, to initiate co-ordination and cooperation in the region for development in critical areas. The conference attempts to reflect on methods and means to promote an environment of peace security, mutual cooperation and coordination of the SAARC region through India - Sri Lanka canvas.
Date: 8th - 9th November, 2012
Venue: OUCIP, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad
- Regionalism: SAARC Focusing on Commonalities & Diluting Differences
- Natural Resources Management in SAARC - Possibilities for Trade Lobbies.
- India - Sri Lanka Economic Cooperation and Trade Relations
- Plurality and Diaspora
- Human Rights: Indigenous, Marginalized people, Gender, Ethnic, Religious
- Urban - Regional Development and Planning
- Security Concerns: Promoting Bi-lateral, Tri-lateral and Multilateral Cooperation
- National Hazards, Disasters and Management
- Role of Media in Good Governance
Submission of Abstracts
30th September, 2012
Acceptance of Abstract
5th October, 2012
Submission of Full Paper
30th October, 2012
We will be able to extend hospitality at Osmania University Guest House. The organizers however cannot meet any travel grant. Those who need accommodation may intimate by 30th September 2012. Your participation and early confirmation will be much appreciated.
Centre for Indian Ocean Studies (CIOS)
Hyderabad - 500 007
Phone: 040-27070707, 040-27682328, +91-93911 15651
Fax: 040 - 27090020