Inter NLU Seminar on "Corporate Laws: Contemporary Issues & Challenges" - Scrutinizing the Investor's Protection in the Indian perspectives
This seminar aims to study, evaluate and analyze the protection of investor's right in the context of Indian law and practice. An attempt has been made to scrutinize the legal safeguards provided for the protection of investors in India. To draw an analogy on achievable solution or changes that may be brought under the existing legal frame work to minimize, better to say eradicate all the problems in the way of achieving hundred percent protection to the investors. This Seminar will enlighten about the effectiveness of the Regulators and Government bodies for the protection of investors.
Date: 13th October, 2012
Venue: Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat
The various themes selected to achieve the objectives enumerated are as follows:
- Corporate Law and Investors Rights- Issues & Challenges
- Corporate Laws & Investors - Contemporary issues and challenges in the 21st century
- Protection of investors right under the lense of company law of India
- Corporate Scam - A big threat to the investors
Corporate Governance and Investors Protection
- Better corporate governance - A better protection of investors
- Corporate restructuring and investors concern
Regulators and Investor's Safeguard
- SEBI - the watchdog for the protection of the investors An insight analysis of the Role of SEBI in the light of SEBI - Sahara dispute
- Effectiveness of the Stock Exchanges of India in protecting the investors right in security market
- Role of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) for a better protection of investors.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 1000/-
- Registration Deadline: 30th September, 2012
Mode of Payment: Strictly through D/D drawn in favour of "Gujarat National Law University" payable at Ahmedabad.
Important Dates and Guidelines:
Note: No accommodation will be provided. Registration fee includes: Abstract Book, Seminar Kit, Breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks.
- Last date for Submission: 25th September, 2012 (revised date)
- Word Limit: 350 to 400
- Intimation of Selection of Abstract through mail: 26th September, 2012
- Last Date of Submission: 4th October, 2012
- Word Limit: 3000 Final
- Final paper is subject to rejection on the ground of plagiarism
- Entries should have a cover page containing name, designation, educational details and email address/ telephone number.
- Entries should be in .doc (word) format.
- Font - Garamond, Font Size: Title - 16, Subtitle - 14, Text -12, Line Spacing - 1.5, Citation - Chicago Mannual of Style (15th Ed).
Sanjeev Kumar Choudhary
Teaching Research Associate in Law (GNLU)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gujarat National Law University,
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba, Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat
Download Information Brochure, Corrigendum