4th Government Law College International Law Summit 2013
The Summit is scheduled to take place from the 1st - 3rd February, 2013. The Summit, aside from the key note addresses, lectures, workshops and call for papers, comprises of two novel competitions, namely the Judgment Deliberation Competition and the Treaty Appreciation Competition, which were conceived within our institution.
Theme: Contemporary Issues in International Arbitration and Mediation
Call for Papers:
SPIL welcomes all interested persons, spanning the spectrum of students across the globe, professors and members of the legal fraternity to the Summit. The wide ranging lectures, panel discussions, and workshops will undoubtedly prove to be an enriching experience.
The Paper Proposal must be accompanied by an Abstract. The Proposal and Abstract shall not cumulatively exceed 500 words. Papers shall be of a minimum length of 2000 words, the aforementioned figure not inclusive of footnotes.
Format for the Paper:
- All papers must be typed and reproduced on a standard A4 paper (21 x 29 3/4 cm). The font and size of the text must be the same and must be in Times New Roman 12-point.
- The text of the Paper must have one and a half spacing. However, text of footnotes and headings may be single-spaced.
- Quotations of 50 words or more shall be block quoted (i.e. right and left indented) and may be single-spaced.
- All pages shall have margins of at least one inch, or two point six (2.6) cm, on all sides, excluding page numbers.
- All Citations must be in accordance with the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation
Registrations are permitted individually or in a team of two (2), three (3) or four (4). In case of the paper being authored by more than one individual, the names of the authors and the order of appearance must be specified. Kindly register by sending us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To attend the summit as a delegate, a demand draft for the amount of Rs. 500, drawn in favour of "SPIL Government Law College Mumbai" must be sent in accordance with the Contact Information provided in this invite before 20th January, 2013.
Each Team shall submit all Team members' names to email@example.com by 20th October, 2012. The mail must contain the registration form sent to the Universities/College with the required details and stamp of the college/ university; alternatively, teams may register online at www.spilmumbai.com. Such registration must be followed by a mail from the concerned authority of the University/College confirming such participation. Team members' names must be clearly typed in the mail, giving special attention to the spelling of each Team member's name. Participation Certificates will be awarded to Teams with names spelt in the manner thus provided.
Accommodation for the duration of the Summit shall be provided only to individuals or teams whose papers have been thus chosen. Accommodation will be provided for a maximum of two (2) members, in case of a team registration.
- Last Date for Registration and Submission of Paper Proposal: 15th October, 2012
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Paper Proposal: 30th October, 2012
- Submission of Final Paper: 1st December, 2012
Ms. Krutika Chitre
President, SPIL Mumbai
Ms. Anjali Goklani
'A' Road, Churchgate
Mumbai 400 020
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Download Flyer, Registration Form