International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP): Call for Papers
The Chair on Consumer Law And Practice is established by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi at NLSIU, Bangalore, is coming out with an international journal entitled "International Journal on Consumer Law And Practice" under the aegis of Dr. Ashok R. Patil, Associate Professor of Law, Chair on Consumer Law & Practice, NLSIU. We invite contributions for its Inaugural issue on National and International issues on Consumer Protection Laws. First issue will be released in January 2013.
Call for Papers:
The peer-reviewed journal "International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice" solicits high quality articles pertaining to National and International consumer protection issues. It aims to be an Annual Publication. Contributions are invited in the forms of articles, essays, book reviews, case comments and/or notes.
Submissions may be sent to email@example.com, by 1st Oct, 2012.
- Word limit varies according to the nature of the contributions. The word limit insisted is exclusive of footnotes/end notes and references.
- In the case of an article, it should be between 4,000-5,000 words containing a comprehensive study of the theme indicating the lacunae in the Present Consumer Protection Laws with suggestions and recommendations.
- An essay is more concise than article specifically dealing with the challenges to the problems consisting between 3,000-4,000 words. A note shall be on any contemporary issue with concrete analysis from the part of the author along with solutions to the issue and the same shall not exceed 2,500 words.
- A case comment is an analysis of the landmark judgment where the author has to critically deal with the case and put forward his remarks on the issues dealt within. The word limit for case comment is restricted to 2,500-3,000 word. A book review where a literary work is criticized on the basis of its content and merit shall not exceed 2,000 words.
- Format: The body of the contribution should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing. The footnotes/end notes and references should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing. The citation style must conform to THE BLUEBOOK: A UNIFORM METHOD OF CITATION (Columbia Law Review Ass'n et al. eds., 18th ed. 2005).
- Abstract: All manuscripts must be accompanied by an abstract of about 250 words stating the theme of the paper precisely.
All submissions should be made electronically in the form of a MS Word (.doc) file at firstname.lastname@example.org and at the same time the authors are requested to send the hard copy along with the CD to the below mentioned postal address. The last date for submission of manuscripts is 1st Oct, 2012. All rights are reserved with the Editorial Board.
Prof. (Dr.) Ashok R. Patil
Chair on Consumer Law & Practice
National Law School of India University
Nagarbhavi, P B No. 7201,
Phone: 080-23160532/ 23397526