2nd NLIU Bhopal International Mediation Competition
NLIU Bhopal is organizing the 2nd NLIU International Mediation Competition on 12th - 14th October, 2012. The 2012 NLIU International Mediation Tournament would be the second time the University would be hosting such an event in the span of one year.
This year NLIU strives to organize and conduct a tournament that reaches greater heights. A total of 32 teams will participate in the upcoming event. In keeping with the objective of making the tournament truly international in stature, participation will not be limited to India.
NLIU Bhopal has had a long association with International Academy Alternative Dispute Resolution (INADR), Chicago, a leading international organization on mediation. As part of this association, INADR will hold a capsule training session for all the teams before the start of the competition. This will help the teams get acquainted with the process of mediation and will help them with the competition.
Date: 12th - 14th October, 2012
Venue: National Law Institute University, Bhopal
The problems for the 2nd NLIU International Mediation Competition 2012 shall be based on a variety of legal topics which are capable of out of court settlement.
The Competition is open to all law schools from all over the world. Any student pursuing a graduate or a post-graduate degree in law can participate in the Competition. However, students pursuing a doctoral or post-doctoral course in law are not eligible for participation in the Competition.
Participation and Team Composition:
- Each participating law school may field a maximum of two teams.
- Each participating team consists of three members, whose role in the Competition is defined later in this Rulebook.
- There is a Team Cap of 32 teams for this Competition.
- Efforts will be made to include the maximum number of participating law schools as possible. To this end, the second teams (if any) of each participating law school shall only be accommodated after a team from all law schools willing to participate is given a slot of participation.
- For training purposes, NLIU would nominate two teams to participate in the Competition. However, these teams shall not be eligible to be considered for any Award or Prize Money.
Registration Fee (per team per law school):
- Rs. 6000 (Indian Teams)
- $ 200 (Foreign Teams)
This registration fee for National teams covers travel expenses and meals.
The last date for law schools to confirm their participation is 1st September, 2012. The subject of the mail should be "Participation in the NLIU International Mediation Competition 2012".
- Rs. 30,000 - Best Overall Team
- Rs. 20,000 - Best Client & Counsel Team
- Rs. 10,000 - Best Individual Mediator
Mr. Prateek Mishra
Ms. Shradha Roy
Co - Convenor
Mr. Aditya Mohanty