NUJS Law Review - Special Issue on Copyright Amendment Bill 2012: Call for Papers
The NUJS Law Review is the flagship journal of the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. It was launched in 2008 as a quarterly law review. The primary objective behind the inception of the NUJS Law Review is to provide a forum to writers, enabling them to voice their opinions about the visions and goals of the Indian society. Apart from that, the Law Review promotes and endeavors to foster a culture of serious academic research and writing amongst the students through a structured process of mentoring and supervision.
Call for Papers:
Theme: The Copyright Amendment Act, 2012: Welcome change or missed opportunity?
The Copyright Amendment Act, 2012 recently passed by both houses of parliament promises to thoroughly revise the laws currently governing the Indian Copyright regime. This legislative moment, provides an appropriate opportunity for academic reflection on the proposed changes, their probable impact and a holistic appraisal of the provisions as they now stand.
The Editorial Board of the NUJS Law Review invites contributions for its forthcoming special issue on "The Copyright Amendment Act, 2012: Welcome change or missed opportunity?"
Interested contributors should submit their respective entries no later than 15th November, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Heads:
- Articles: 6000-10000 words
- Notes: 4000-6000 words
- Comments and Book Reviews: 2000-4000 words
Form of Submission:
- Submissions must be in electronic or in hard copy.
- All submissions must be word-processed, in Times New Roman and in conformity with the NUJS Law Review Citation and Style Standard.
- Foreign words not currently absorbed into the English language should be italicized, e.g., "inter alia", "bona fide" etc.
References and Citations:
- The Rules of Citation and Style are to be in conformity with the NUJS Law Review Citation and Style Standard.
- Book Reviews should include all relevant information relating to the book reviewed. It should include the title of the book reviewed, the name(s) of the author(s)/editor(s), publication information, i.e. place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication, total number of pages inclusive of the index, the type of binding (soft cover/hardcover) and the price of the book.
- All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- All submissions must be mailed to email@example.com
- We accept articles on a rolling basis from external contributors.
- All submissions must be accompanied with a covering letter, indicating the name of the author, title of the submission and a contact address of the author, including the e-mail address.
Conditions to Publication:
- Exclusive Submission Policy:
- All submissions to the Law Review should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication.
Indemnity for Liability:
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties and that the work does not contain any obscene, offensive, defamatory, or racially prejudiced material.
- As a condition of publication, the authors grant the Law Review an irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and licence to reproduce, publish and distribute their submission(s) in all media including but not limited to print and any electronic services. The licence is granted for the duration of the subsistence of the copyright, including any extensions and/or renewals.
NUJS Law Review
The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences,
Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan,
12, LB Block, Sector III,
Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700098
Download Citation and Style Standard