6th Annual NALSAR - Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2012
The organizers are pleased to invite your esteemed institution to participate in the 6th Annual NALSAR - Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2012. The Moot Court Competition is being organized by NALSAR University of Law in collaboration with the Justice B.R. Sawhny Memorial Trust.
Justice B.R. Sawhny, a firm believer in the values of Constitutionalism during his distinguished tenure as a Judge, and later as the Chief Justice of the Jammu & Kashmir High Court, was also instrumental in the drafting of the Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir. This Moot Court Competition therefore, seeks to expose law students to the developing frontiers of Constitutional Law, and foster in them a deeper understanding of the myriad issues confronting the world today. In addition, the Competition seeks to inculcate the spirit of Constitutional reasoning and highlights the growing need of budding lawyers to think beyond the traditional confines of academic curricula.
Date: 28th - 30th September, 2012
Venue: NALSAR University of Law, 'Justice City', Shameerpet, Hyderabad.
Mr. Sourabh Bharti, Professor of Law, NALSAR University of Law, shall be the National Coordinator of the Moot.
The Competition shall be open for students who are pursuing three or five-year LL.B. Degree Course in the Universities that have been invited for the Moot. LL.M. Degree Course students are not eligible to participate in the Competition
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. This team composition cannot be altered under any circumstance.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers. Teams may have only one researcher.
- The researchers shall be allowed to argue instead of a speaker only with the permission of the Court and the National Coordinator.
- Teams must confirm participation by 25th August, 2012 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Confirmation for NALSAR - Justice B.R. Sawhny Moot 2012".
- The duly filled-in Registration Form along with a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- in the favour of the Registrar, NALSAR University of Law, (payable at Hyderabad) must reach the organizers by 31st August, 2012 on the following address:
Moot Court Committee
C/o NALSAR University of Law,
'Justice City', Shameerpet, R.R.District
Hyderabad-500 078 (AP)
- Accommodation, food and transportation to and from the venue, shall be provided to all teams by NALSAR University of Law from 28th to 30th September, 2012.
- Teams should send their travel plan along with the registration form.
All clarifications regarding the Moot Problem should be sent to email@example.com by 7th September, 2012.
Prof. Amita Dhanda
Faculty Advisor, Moot Court Committee
Mr. Kostubh Devnani
Convenor, Moot Court Committee
Mr. Tarun Gopalakrishnan
Ms. Bidya Mohanty
Mr. Harshit Neotia
Moot Court Committee
NALSAR University of Law,
'Justice City', Shameerpet,
R.R.District, Hyderabad - 500 078
Download Invitation, Moot Problem, Rules