Masterclass on Foreign Trade Policy Benefits and its interplay with Customs and Excise
Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) gives several benefits to exporters of goods and services, and also to domestic suppliers who replaces imports (under deemed exports), so as to encourage FOREX earnings and minimize FOREX expenses. DGFT has made several announcements this year too towards this objective.
To be able to take the full benefits of FTP, one needs to understand the interplay between FTP with customs and central excise, as well as other dynamics of exports and imports. This workshop has been designed for a comprehensive understanding of FTP with an objective that participants can take the maximum benefit.
The workshop would benefit Exporters, Importers, Manufacturers, Service Industry earning Forex, Manufacturing and Infrastructure Projects, their Contractors and Suppliers etc. A senior official from the DGFT will be present at the occasion too to interact with the audience.
Date: 28th August, 2012
Venue: ASSOCHAM House, New Delhi
- Why and How of Foreign Trade Policy
- A conceptual understanding of Indirect Taxes,
- Excise & Customs Duties related to Exports and Imports
- Duty Drawback, SAD refund, High Sea Sale, Project Import
- Benefits under FTP, and how to avail of them
- Promotional Schemes - like SFIS, FMS, FPS, VKGUY, MLFPS, SHIS and their utilisation for Imports and Domestic procurement
- Duty Exemption Schemes viz. Advance Authorisation, DFIA, Annual AA. Specialities of each scheme. Managing Export Obligations
- EPCG Scheme for imports and domestic procurements, Annual EPCG, Post Export EPCG. Managing Export Obligations
- Deemed Exports benefits for Projects funded by World Bank, ADB, UN, JICA. Structuring transactions for best possible benefits
- Conceptual understanding of EOU and SEZ
- Changes in the new Foreign Trade Policy
- Questions and Answers
Faculty: Mr. Sanjay Beswal, Director at Andees Consulting
Who Should Attend?
CEOs, CFOs, Senior executives involved in commercial matters and procurements, Executives involved in Exports, Imports, Projects etc. Executives involved in procurements for various projects.
Rs. 5,000/- per participant including service tax, lunch & refreshments (10% discount for two and 20% for three or more persons from the same organization)
Mr. Siddharth Naithani
Mr. Akshat Agarwal
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
ASSOCHAM Corporate Office, 1, Community Centre Zamrudpur
Kailash Colony, New Delhi - 110 048
Phone: 46550555 (Hunting Line)
Fax: 46536481/46536482 46536497/46536498