3rd Annual Workshop on Re-thinking Intellectual Property Right Studies
The workshop is organized by the Inter University Centre for IPR Studies in association with HRD Chair on IPR, Cochin University of Science & Technology
Date: 10th - 12th January, 2013
Venue: Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala
Call for Papers:
Law students interested in presenting a paper can send the title and abstract of the paper on any of the sub-theme provided below. The sub-themes for the final paper will be approved by IUCIPRS based on the title and abstract of the paper submitted.
Theme: Patents and Access to Medicine for All
- Patents and the concept of public health
- Drug discovery, development, delivery and patent protection- the problem of ever-greening
- Test data protection and its implications for development of generics
- Issues on access to medicine after Doha - the problems of compulsory licenses
- Use of TRIPS flexibilities on exhaustion of rights - problems of parallel import
- Access to medicine for all - Alternatives to patent system - the Role of WHO/Beyond TRIPS possibilities
You can send your abstracts of not more than 350 words on the themes mentioned above on or before 15th August, 2012.
The last date for submission of Full Paper is 30th September 2012.
Dr. T.G Agitha
Phone: 0484 - 2862013, +91-9447010812
Inter University Centre for IPR Studies,
2nd Floor, School of Legal Building,
Cochin University of Science and Technology,
Cochin University P.O. Cochin - 682022