University of Calcutta - B.A LL.B Admission (Filling up remaining seats of Self-financing Law Colleges affiliated to the University of Calcutta)
Applications are invited in prescribed form for Admission to 1st semester of 5-year B.A. LL.B. course for the academic session 2012-2013 for the under mentioned institutions.
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Mallickpur,
- Baruipur, South-24Parganas.
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South24Parganas.
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed) Mohanlal Street, Shyambazar, Kolkata-700 004.
- George College of Law (Self-financed) G.T. Road, Konnagar, Hoogly.
- Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed)
Particulars in respect of the Additional Entrance Test and other relevant information are given below:
- The candidates who have appeared/passed Higher Secondary (10+2) examination or its equivalent examination with subjects recognized by the University of Calcutta securing at least 45% marks (for SC /ST 40%) [Best of four excluding EVS for West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education only] are eligible to apply.
- Application forms will be available at the University of Calcutta Sales Counter at College Street, Kolkata-700 073 on payment of Rs.300/- + 20/- as centre fee (in total Rs.320/-) for general category candidates and Rs.150/- + 20/- as centre fee (in total Rs.170/-) for SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates on all working days from 11-00 a.m. to 3-00 p.m. on and from 06-08-2012 to 24-08-2012. Application form can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in.
- Application forms duly filled in will be received in the office of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta at 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata-700019 on all working days between 06-08-2012 and 24-08-2012 from 12 noon to 4-00 p.m. In case of downloaded application forms payment for the purpose will have to be deposited in the University, Hazra Campus Cash Counter at 51/1, Hazra Road, Kolkata - 700 019, within 3 p.m.
- Original Testimonials will have to be shown and attested photo copies will have to submit at the time of submission of form.
- Admit Cards will be distributed instantly on receiving the valid forms.
- Entrance Test will be held on 26th August, 2012 at 12 noon.
- Examination centre will be specified in the Admit Card.
- After Entrance Test, the admission will be done through counseling.
- Date of publication of Result / Rank List: 30-08-2012 (will be displayed on official website of C.U. www.caluniv.ac.in
- Dates of counseling: 01/09/2012
- Transfer from Self-Financing Law College can only be to another Self- Financing Law College.
- Rs. 1000/- (Non refundable) will be collected in cash from each candidate during counseling. The amount will be adjusted by the institution concerned at the time of admission.
- Reservation of seats for SC, ST and Physically Challenged candidates will be as per University rules and the applicants will have to attach relevant valid certificates (SC / ST candidates will have to produce certificate from District Magistrate /Sub Divisional Officer of West Bengal only and Physically Challenged candidate will have to produce certificate from Presidency Surgeon / Chief Medical Officer of the District in this regard).
- Selected candidates are required to follow University rules and regulations regarding attendance and all other matters.
Prof. (Dr.) S.S. Chatterji
Faculty of Law,
Department Of Law,
University of Calcutta,
51/1, Hazra Road,
Kolkata - 700019
Download Notification, Application Form