4th International Conference on Corporate Governance
Institute of Public Enterprise, Accounting Research Institute (ARI), University Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia and Institute of Business Research, University of Waikato, New Zealand will be jointly organizing the 4th International Conference on Corporate Governance. The theme for this year's conference is "Emerging Economies".
It is essential for emerging economies to focus on improving governance and transforming institutions in order to meet the challenges of the coming decades. The deterioration in the quality and credibility of national, political and economic institutions a key concern in many countries and a reason why their rise should not be seen as preordained. Governance, transparency, predictability and accountability are key elements to establishing long-term domestic legitimacy of authorities.
The proposed conference would address the issues and challenges that these economies are facing in terms of governance, risk management, internal control and audit mechanism, competitive environment, corruption and whistle blowing.
Date: 10th -11th December, 2012
The Conference invites papers on various aspects of corporate governance in emerging economies. Some of the suggested themes are (but not limited to)
- Regulatory Requirements
- Succession Planning
- Risk Management
- Internal Control
- Fraud Prevention and Prevention
- Whistle blowing
- SME Governance
- Not-for Profit Firm's Governance
- Islamic Governance
The Conference will be divided into technical sessions, each of which will be chaired by experts from academia / industry. Each author will be given 12 minutes to make his/her presentation, which will be followed by a 5-minute discussion.
Last Date for submission of Full Paper:
15th September, 2012
Confirmation of paper acceptance:
15th October, 2012
Last Date for Registration & Submission of PPT:
31st October, 2012
Communication of Final Schedule:
30th November, 2012
10th - 11th December, 2012
Call for Papers:
- All contributions should be submitted in Times New Roman 12-point type, 1.5 lines spacing in A4 size page setup, with margins of one inch from all sides.
- Manuscript should be accompanied with a declaration by the author that the paper is the authors own work and has neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The cover page of the article should contain: (i) Title of the article (in bold), (ii) Name(s) of authors, (iii) Professional affiliation, (iv) Address of correspondence (v) Acknowledgements, if any. Kindly note the authors name should not be mentioned in any other page.
- The second page should contain (i) Title of the article (Times New Roman 16-point type, in bold) (ii) An abstract in about 100-150 words (Times New Roman 12-point type, single line spacing, in italics (iii) 3-5 key words (iv) Paper type: Empirical research, Concept paper, Case study, Viewpoint, or General.
- 5 Main headings should be in Times New Roman -14 point type, bold font and sub-headings should be in Times New Roman 12-point type, bold font, in italics. Do not number or underline headings.
- Mathematical expressions, figures and charts should be presented in a way that will be easily printable. Tables and diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the text. Source must be mentioned below the table.
- References must be given in Harvard style in alphabetical order and typed on a separate page, single-spaced, at the end of the paper. All references listed must be cited in the article and vice versa.
- Please check your manuscript for clarity, grammar, spellings, punctuation, and consistency of references to minimize editorial changes.
- The conference team has the right to modify or edit the work in order to match the standard and style requirement of book. Manuscripts are accepted for publication on the understanding that they are subject to editorial revisions. The conference coordinators reserve the right to accept or reject any paper without giving any reason.
- All contributions are to be sent in electronic mode only at the following mail id: email@example.com
All submissions must be in MS Word form in 3000 -5000 words, text type in Times New Roman in 12 font size, with heading in 14 font on size A4 paper. Each paper should include Title page that should contain title of the paper, name(s), affiliation(s), complete mailing address, telephone and fax number, and e-mail ID. Authors name should not appear on any other page of the paper. Please visit website for detailed guidelines for authors. Only those papers that adhere to the author's guidelines will be considered for review. All papers are to be submitted by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for submission of full paper is 15th September, 2012.
All selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings (CD). At least one author must have completed registration formalities for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings.
A few selected papers from among those accepted shall be published in the form of an edited book. Exceptional papers will be accepted for publication in the Indian Journal of Corporate Governance, a bi-annual refereed journal of repute.