7th LAWASIA International Moot Competition
LAWASIA is an international organisation of lawyers' associations, individual lawyers, judges, legal academics, and others that focus on the interests and concerns of the legal profession in the Asia Pacific region. LAWASIA facilitates its members' participation in the most dynamic economic region in the world. Since its inception in 1966, LAWASIA has built an enviable reputation among lawyers, business people and governments, both within and outside the region, as a committed, productive and genuinely representative organisation.
Eligibility of Country Teams:
- All member countries of LAWASIA are eligible to send teams to the Competition. The Moot Committee will decide on the maximum number of participating teams each year.
- The respective national bar associations shall select and submit a team to the Moot Committee.
- Where a national bar association is not a member of LAWASIA, law schools in the member countries may select and submit a team to the Moot Committee for consideration.
The language of the Competition is English.
Membership and Eligibility of Teams:
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members, each of whom:
- is pursuing an undergraduate law degree, or
- a bar qualifying course or its equivalent, or
- a first graduate degree in a legal field (not including Ph.D, S.JD and its equivalent unless express prior approval from the Competition Administrator has been obtained) ; AND
- is enrolled at a law school in the country that he or she represents as a full time or part-time student as at the date of the deadline of registration of the team for the national rounds or the international finals whichever is earlier; AND
- has not been admitted as an advocate and solicitor, barrister, attorney, legal practitioner or equivalent in their respective jurisdiction.
Members of each team must be students from the same law school.
The names of the members of each team shall be given to the Moot Committee on the date of registration.
Each team will be given a team number upon registration.
- Release of Moot Problem (posted on the competition website): 10th May, 2012
- Closing Date for Registration of Names and Contact Details of Team Members: 31st July, 2012
- Deadline for submission of memorials and List of Authorities: 21st September, 2012
- LAWASIA International Moot: 16th - 21st November, 2012
- Registration Fee (non-refundable): USD450 per team. The registration fee is payable upon registration.
- The completed Registration Form must reach the LAWASIA Moot Secretariat on or before 31st July, 2012.
Phone: +603 2166 7050
Download Moot Problem, Schedule for International Rounds, Rules, Registration Form,
General Reference List, Procedural Guidelines for Arbitration, Indonesian Franchise Regulations