8th Nani Palkhivala Memorial Research Paper Competition, 2012
The All India Federation of Tax Practitioners (AIFTP) and the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) Bar Association in association with the Government Law College, Mumbai is pleased to announce the 8th Nani Palkhivala Memorial Research Paper Competition, 2012.
Topic for this year's Research Paper:
The students may have to discuss the following issues:
General Anti - Avoidance Rule (GAAR) - An Indian and International Perspective
- Analyse the Indian provisions (S. 95 to 102 and Rules);
- Comparing with other countries;
- What are the merits and demerits;
- Whether the provisions will achieve the desired objects;
- Do we need the GAAR;
- Suggestions and any other issues which the author may discuss and express his view.
Each article can be authored by a maximum of two authors. The entries will be judged by a panel of eminent judges. The three best articles will be awarded cash prizes, along with a certificate of merit and a medal. The winning research paper will be published in the AIFTP Journal, on the ITAT website (www.itatonline.org) and in other leading tax magazines.
Participation and Registration:
- Each participating college can send a maximum of three articles. Each article can be authored by a maximum of two students.
- Entries must be in English only.
- Participation is restricted to students enrolled in either the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course.
- Participants must register by emailing a scanned copy of the enclosed Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st September, 2012. Each team (upto a maximum of 3 per institution) must email a separate Registrtaion Form with their team details to the above mentioned address.
- Participants must also submit a short bio-data mentioning their full name, college name, contact number, email and postal address.
- The research article must comprise of not less than 7500 words and not more 10000 words including footnotes.
- The research paper should be typed on A4 size paper; font size of the body of the text must be 12, font type: Times New Roman, 1.5 Spacing and one inch margins on each side.
- There should be appropriate footnotes indicating the correct source of information. The footnotes may be typed in font size 10, Font type: Times New Roman, Single Spacing. However two separate footnotes must be double spaced.
- A bibliography, mentioning all the articles, books, references, websites etc referred to, should be made at the end.
- Four hardcopies of each entry in the format specified above, along with a soft copy of the same on a Compact Disc (CD) must be posted/ couriered to:
Moot Court Association
Government Law College
'A' Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai - 400 020
- Participants must also email a copy of their entry as a Read-Only MS-Word document to email@example.com
- The Compact Disc must be scanned for any viruses or contamination.
- Copyrights of all authors are respected, but neither the AIFTP, ITAT Bar Association nor the Government Law College will be responsible for any infringement of the same.
- Entries may be sent to the above-mentioned address by courier only.
- Each entry shall be enclosed with a covering letter on the letterhead of the participating college along with a seal of the institution mentioning the name and class of the student.
- Entries must reach the above mentioned address on or before 10th September, 2012 by 5:00 p.m. IST
- The organisers will not be responsible for any loss or non-delivery of the entries.
- A Certificate of Merit, medal and a cash prize shall be awarded to each of the three best research papers.
- The cash prize awarded shall be as follows:
First prize Rs. 10,000/-
Second prize Rs. 7,500/-
Third prize Rs. 5,000/-
- Certificate of Participation will be issued to each of the participants.
- The Best Article will be published in the Souvenir which will be released on the occasion of the 9th Nani A. Palkhivala Memorial National Tax Moot Court Competition.
- The Best article will also be published along with a photograph of the participants in the AIFTP Journal and on the ITAT website (www.itatonline.org)
- All winners shall be duly intimated by E-mail or Telephone.
Ms. Ayushi Anandpara
Phone: +91-98331 44496
Ms. Madhavi Doshi
Phone: +91- 97692 79391
The General Secretary
Moot Court Association,
Government Law College,
'A' Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai - 400020
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com