The Competition Law Summit 2012
The Competition Law Summit is designed to discuss in-depth domestic and international competition law issues. Today every nation is facing the cut and thrust of competition and trying to stimulate their economy. To promote fair and healthy competition countries are increasingly adopting competition laws and setting up dedicated competition regulators.
In India, modern competition law was brought in by the Competition Act 2002 with the creation of a new regulator - known as the "Competition Commission of India". The mission of this body is to create an environment where companies are incentivised to provide better products and services and greater value, in particular through competition among competitors.
This platform will bring together experts from business, law and regulation who regularly provide knowledge and insights by participating in public and private events, seminars and conferences worldwide.
Date: 26th & 27th July, 2012
Venue: Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi
- Stay abreast of key developments in established and emerging competition regimes in India and internationally.
- Learn about the recent implementation of competition law now in its third year of active enforcement, including recent and proposed changes to the structure and scope of the law.
- Hear from the enforcement authorities in key jurisdictions, for direct insights into enforcement priorities, policy and strategy.
- Understand when the merger control and conduct rules in different markets will apply, and how to successfully navigate these developing rules on the national and global scene.
- Develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies to ensure compliance in a climate of uncertainty and cost pressure and where companies face multiple compliance challenges.
- Legal perspectives and sophisticated insight into international best practices on compliance with competition law.
- Practical case studies to test your learning in realistic and genuine situations as they apply to your business.
- Updates and Trends on Competition in India and Worldwide: Local, Comparative and International Perspectives
- M & A: Impact of the 2012 Combination Amendment Regulations
- Regulating cartels under the Competition Act
- Competition law for specific sectors: Aviation, Banking, Communications, Energy, Financial Services and Pharma
- Alternative dispute resolution and arbitrating competition issues
- Private litigation of competition law claims
- Competition compliance and anti-corruption - how to navigate the boundaries
- Regulating Market Power
- Competition Advocacy
- The Path Ahead - Where Next For Competition Law Enforcement?
Who Should Attend?
- In house Counsel
- Legal Heads
- Business Development Executives
- Vice Presidents - Legal
- General Managers - Legal
- Head of Finance
- Equity Managers
- Risk Management and Compliance Officers
Opening address by:
- Mr. Vinod Dhall, Chairman, Dhall Law Chambers and Former Chairman, Competition Commission of India
- Hon'ble Dr. Justice Arijit Pasayat, Former Chairman, Competition Appellate Tribunal
- Mr. Dhanendra Kumar, First and Former Chairman CCI and the former Chairman, Committee on National Competition Policy
Wolter Kluwer India Pvt Ltd.
10th Floor, Building No. 10,
Tower C, DLF Cyber City - Phase II,
Gurgaon - 122002, Haryana