A38 Journal of International Law: Call for Papers & Internship Openings
The A38 Journal of International Law (ISSN 2277-9361) is a quarterly academic journal, published online, that seeks to provide an international forum for the publication of articles in the field of International Law. The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for Volume I, Issue 3, which will be published October 2012. The submission deadline for Issue 3 is 31st August, 2012. The Journal welcomes submission from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community. We have a strong preference for articles that are not descriptive, but that instead assert and defend a well-reasoned position.
Issue 3 will be devoted to "Issues in International Environmental Law". The journal invites analytical pieces relating to the field.
The journal welcomes submissions under the following categories, with ballpark figures for word limits:
- Articles (between 6000-10000 words including footnotes)
- Short Notes (3000-6000 words including footnotes)
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes)
- Commentaries (3000-5000 words including footnotes)
All submissions must conform to the following guidelines:
- Submissions are to be made only in electronic form, and are to be sent to email@example.com
- All submissions for the current issue must be submitted on or before 31st August, 2012.
- Each Article must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words. No abstract is required for Short Notes, Book Reviews or Commentaries.
- For Book Reviews, you must describe the subject of the review clearly, including the name of the book, the name of the author, the name of the publisher, the date of publication, and, if applicable, the edition number.
- Please provide Author details with your submission, including the author's qualifications, institutional affiliation and postal address. You may provide these details on the first page of the manuscript or in a separate Curriculum Vitae.
- All work must be original. By submitting any work, the author is presumed to declare that the article is original and has not been published elsewhere.
All submissions are promptly acknowledged within a few hours of the receipt of submission. The decision on publication takes a minimum of 2 - 4 weeks. Requests for expedited review can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org when the submission is being considered for publication by other journals.
Should you request expedited review, please mention the name of the journal for which your article is under consideration, along with the name and e-mail address of one contact person on the Editorial Board of that journal and a date by which you expect our response.
A38 is now accepting applications for virtual/web-based internships from all over the world. Spread over three months, these internships can have you work closely with literature on international law, research and articulation through the written word.
- January Calls: 1st February - 31st April
- April Calls: 1st May - 31st July
- July Calls: 1st August - 31st October
- October Calls: 1st November - 31st January
Send in your applications to email@example.com by 20th July, 2012.
Ms. Kirthi Jayakumar
Download Call for Papers, Internship Details