Seminar on Advanced Intellectual Property Concepts
The mission of the seminar is to explore emerging opportunities through the understanding of advanced IP concepts. Patent regimes in emerging markets are in the process of harmonizing with the established regions of the world. This provides new and exciting opportunities for Indian technology-led companies, which have robust products for these markets but hesitate to enter for fear of poor standards of enforcement.
Secondly, the aim of the seminar is also to understand the ambitions of the Indian IT industry, moving from services to product-led businesses in the new and exciting markets of Africa and Eastern Europe, apart from the established markets in the United States and Europe.
Finally, the seminar aims to unlock the full potential of patent documents by providing necessary skills of patent analysis to the research wing of companies who most often study patents for information rather than as legal documents
Date: 5th July, 2012
Venue: IIT Madras Research Park-Auditorium, Kanagam Road, Taramani, Chennai
Objectives of the Seminar:
The Seminar provides decision makers in Principal Speaker companies with information on:
- Patent regimes in the emerging markets of Africa, BRIC countries and Eastern Europe
- Indian IT industry: Product-Led IT Development
- De-risking market exploration in new markets
Enables R & D teams and decision makers in companies to:
- Unlock the true potential of patent documents in assessing technology and business trends
- Plan and implement a patent strategy
- Manage patent portfolios
- Registration Fees: 1500 INR per delegate
- For 3 or more delegates: 1200 INR per delegate
- Students with valid ID: 500 INR
Mr. Mohan V.
Mr. Hariprasad K.S
Advanced Intellectual Property Concepts
IIT Madras Research Park-Auditorium,
Kanagam Road, Taramani,
Chennai - 600 113