Conference on Promoting Inclusive Development through CSR: Equal opportunities to people with disabilities
According to the 2001 Census, there are 2.19 crore persons with disabilities in India which constitute 2.13 per cent of the total population. Despite globalization, scientific advancement, technological revolution, economic empowerment & rights based campaigns of PWDs; people with disabilities are still disproportionately undereducated, untrained, unemployed, underemployed and poor.
Thus, the major challenge is Inclusion - inclusion of persons with disabilities in the economic mainstream by institutionalizing the solutions in the mainstream development process, which will not only accelerate development and but also provide equal opportunities.
FICCI Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence is organizing with CBM a conference on Promoting Inclusive Development through CSR: Equal opportunities to people with disabilities. The aim of the conference is to deliberate on the key issues of employability of Pwds and how the corporate sector can play a proactive role in promoting employment, accessible infrastructure and developing disabled friendly policies.
Date: 26th June, 2012 (10:00 am to 2:00 pm)
Venue: The Leela, Mumbai
Objectives of the Conference:
The primary objectives of the conference are as follows:
- To further sensitize the corporate sector about the need for employing persons with disabilitie
- Create awareness about accessible infrastructure amongst corporate
- Encourage and facilitate corporate sector in developing disabled friendly policies
- Encourage a common understanding between private sector and civil society on issues of disability and inclusive development.
- Create a forum for interaction between corporate and civil society on issues of disability and development and the ways to create a win-win situation for both parties.
Ms. Nomenita Chetia / Ms. Usha Bhagchandani
Phone: 011-23753118, 011-23357243
Download Concept Note, Programme