Prof R.P. Anand International Law Scholarship
Creation of the R. P. Anand Virtual Centre of International Law (VCIL) is inspired by the life, teachings and writings of Late Prof. R. P. Anand. It is nurtured by his colleagues and students with the full encouragement of his wife and support of his children. The VCIL is a work in progress and it is envisaged that in due course of time it would emerge as a useful tool to promote teaching and research in international law utilising the marvels of information technology.
The R.P. Anand Virtual Center of International Law is pleased to announce the R.P. Anand International Law Scholarship for 2012/13.
- The Program is announced on 15th June, 2012; the birth anniversary of Late Professor R.P. Anand
- Scholarship will include an award amount of Rs 15000 per quarter for 1 year paid quarterly (Total Rs 60000).
- Decision of the R.P. Anand Memorial Committee will be final and binding. This is a private scholarship program. Rules and guidelines are subject to periodic change and not legally binding on Committee members or any educational institution or organization. Selection criteria include academic achievement, application content, faculty recommendations and financial needs of the applicants but not limited to these.
Application Start Date: 1st July, 2012
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2012
General Rules & Guidelines:
Applicant must be an active and enrolled post graduate student (LLM or M.Phil and/or Ph.d) in a UGC recognized university of India and actively pursuing one of these degrees in International Law.
- Applicant must provide copies of verified transcripts of undergraduate degree (BA and/or LLB) and ongoing post graduate work.
- Applicant will be additionally required to provide written recommendations from at least 2 sitting faculty members in the department of International Law of their enrolled University. (Will be verified by committee).
- Applicant must start by filling out an online form on the website http://www.profrpanand.info (R.P Anand Virtual Center of International Law) and then follow it up with all the required documents. (Available from 1st July, 2012).
- Required Documents are: Applications and all related transcripts and documents must be received by 30th November, 2012. (Deadline). Required documents are:
- Copy of Govt. issued id (Pan Card, Drivers License etc.)
- Copy of University ID currently enrolled in for post-graduate work.
- 2 letters from active faculty members verifying your application, current academic status etc. Letters must have contact information to cross check by Committee.
- Transcripts of undergraduate degree (BA, LLB etc.)
- Transcripts of graduate school if any.
- Application review process will start on 1st July, 2012 (form available online) and final decision of the scholarship award will be announced on 30th December, 2012.
- Award amount will be released each quarter (3 months) starting 1st January, 2013 directly to the student on verification of active enrollment and ongoing pursuit of International Law Degree.
- Awarded recipient name and photograph will be announced and permanently displayed on the Prof R.P. Anand website.
- Scholarship will be awarded for 1 year and a recipient once awarded cannot apply for the scholarship for any subsequent years.