National Seminar on Dialectics and Dynamics of Human Rights 2012
Dayanand College of Law is the only Law College in Latur city and is affiliated to Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded. The college is the premier institution imparting legal education at graduate and post graduate levels.
The college is also having the Research Centre in Law approved by SRTMU. The College has highly qualified and well experienced faculty and efficient administrative staff. It is well equipped with spacious and well ventilated classrooms, a rich library, spacious ground, moot court hall, independent computer lab and other physical facilities. It takes keen interest in providing quality legal education and taking efforts for spreading legal Awareness.
The Dayanand College of Law, Latur is organizing a Two-Day National Seminar on 'Dialectics and Dynamics of Human Rights' 2012, sponsored by UGC.
Date: 11th & 12th August, 2012
Venue: Dayanand Auditorium, Barshi Road, Latur
Objectives of the Seminar:
- To bring about discussions and deliberations among the academicians and public on the present topics.
- To scrutinize and examine the social conditions and suitability of existing legal framework and suggest the modifications therein.
- To chalk out a workable plan of action for the various enforcement agencies for better realization of human rights.
- To encourage research in upcoming issues of human rights and challenges.
Major thrust areas of the Seminar:
- Human Rights Jurisprudence - Shifting Paradigm.
- Humanism - Humanitarian law - Poverty - Food Security - Economic Policy
- Human Rights and Disability
- Concept of Disability - from 'caring' to 'rights' model - International and National Treatment - Empowerment
- Human Rights of Women
- Vulnerability - Concept - national and international perspective - feminism
- Human Rights and Global Challenges
- Human Rights in era of Globalization - New Patent Regime - Terrorism - Environment -Women
- Realization of Human Rights
- Role of Culture - Judiciary - Media - NGO - NHRC and other Governmental Authorities
Call for Papers - Abstract Submission:
An abstract of not more than 300 words including the paper title, name of author and designation should reach the college on or before 25th June, 2012 on mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Paper Submission:
The full Research Paper of not more than 3000 words should reach on or before 1st July 2012 on mail id email@example.com Hardcopy, CD also to be sent along with Registration Form to the college address.
The abstract and the Research Paper should be in MS-Word 2003, Font- Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Footnote size -10, Line Spacing 1.5, on A4 size Paper.
11th and 12th August 2012
On or before 25th June 2012
On or before 1st July 2012
Full Research Paper:
On or before 1st July 2012
Miss. Shubhangi Panchal
Miss. Poonam P. Nathani
Mr. Pramod G. Shinde
Dayanand College of Law,
Barshi Road, Latur
Download Notification & Registration Form