UGC - National Seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility Issues & Challenges
The seminar is organized by the Department of Commerce, Kirori Mal College, and University of Delhi. Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is referred to as the business responsibility and an organization's actions on environmental, social, ethical and economic issues. It is usually described in terms of a company considering, managing and balancing the economic, social and environmental impacts of its activities.
Date: 24th - 25th August, 2012
Venue: Seminar Hall, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, Delhi - 110007
Call for Research Papers:
Research Papers for the seminar may be sent to the Organizing secretary, by email in M.S.Word, Times Roman, Font size 12pt., 1.5 line space maximum 2000 words with an abstract of one page by 25th July, 2012 on email@example.com
Objectives of Seminar:
- To study the CSR in the present context which will include CSR issues, difference between CSR and corporate philanthropy, merits and demerits of conducting CSR activities for the companies.
- To find out the portion of total revenue spent on CSR activities by companies and the impact of CSR on the financial performance of companies.
- To study the measures undertaken by government for ensuring the socially responsible behavior of the companies like sustainability reporting etc.
- To understand the conceptual Framework of CSR; what factors affect the implementation of CSR activities by companies.
- To study case studies of various companies on CSR.
- To compare the behavior of the end user or the consumer for a socially responsible company and for a socially irresponsible company.
- To study the change of quality of products after making CSR reporting mandatory for the corporate.
- To explore the various internal and external dimensions of CSR and how these dimensions help the companies to undertake CSR activities.
- To study the legislations and explore the voluntary initiatives taken for CSR.
These are only illustrative themes. The paper contributors are free to choose related themes as well.
25th July, 2012
Notification of Acceptance:
28th July, 2012
Full paper and Registration:
4th August, 2012
Accommodation and Transportation:
Accommodation & transportation will be provided to the participants on prior information & registration. Ordinary bus fare/2nd class rail fare will be paid, who presents research papers. (Before registering kindly consult on phone about availability of seats.)
- Teacher/Professionals: Rs.500/-
- Research scholars: Rs.400/-
The cash/DD should be drawn in favour of "Principal, Kirori Mal College, Delhi" and send to Coordinator on contact address mentioned below.
Department of Commerce
Kirori Mal College,
University of Delhi, Delhi - 110007
Phone: 011-27667861, 09213235831, 09312450435