Advanced Contract Drafting, Negotiation and Dispute Management
Enhancing contract drafting and negotiation skills while mitigating contract risks for achieving maximum out of your commercial relationship and thus better contractual management
Date: 25th - 27th July, 2012
Venue: Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, India
Present business climate requires legal professionals to be strategic thinkers, foresee risks and being able to astutely handle contracts in a manner that protects the interests of their organisation. Futuristic thinking is the need of the hour.
This highly-informative and exclusive training will focus on honing the drafting and negotiating skills that participants currently possess. This unique training is aimed at taking the participants competency to the next level enabling them to enhance their in-house capabilities and lower reliance on external counsel.
The training also serves the purpose of helping the in-house counsel to gravitate towards being a business lawyer and bring about a paradigm shift from merely providing "Advise and Content" to actively "Devise and implement". There will be an appropriate emphasis on cross-border contracts and also dedicated session on identification and mitigation of contractual risks.
The training will have a focused on half-day session on "Competition Law - Its various nuances". Towards the end of the training session, there will be some degree of focus on case management and Dispute Resolution. This is intentionally interwoven to appreciate the risks of inadequate drafting and consequences of insufficient understanding of all factors surrounding a contract.
Breach and consequences of breach of contracts will be examined in the foreground of dispute resolution. This training will give participants practical examples of clauses and drafting exercises wherever appropriate.
Why should you attend?
- Gaining practical insights into advanced contract drafting
- Understanding various nuances under competition law and some do's and don'ts
- Mastering innovative negotiation skills to gain favourable terms from the counter party
- Enhancing the in-house capabilities and reducing reliance on external counsel
- Understanding the commercial realities in order to draft a potent contract
- Studying the finer nuances of an effective cross-border contract
- Mapping the risks and measure of mitigation
- Drafting dispute resolution clauses in contracts to avoid or minimise costs of disputes with special emphasis on arbitration
- Minimising cost contingencies and variations
Who should attend?
Heads, Directors, General Managers and Managers of:
- Head-Contract Administration & Management
- Head of Legal
- Corporate Legal Counsel
- General Counsel
- Chief Counsel
- Regional Counsel
- Legal Managers
- Corporate Legal Advisors
- Company Secretaries
- Senior Legal Practitioners
- Legal Consultants
Ms. Catherine Foo
CP21 2101 Central Plaza, 34 Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpu, Malaysia
Phone: +91-224231 7750
Fax: 603 2723 6699