Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) - Admissions 2012-13
Jindal Global Law School (JGLS), India's first global law school is situated on a 60-acre state of the art residential JGU campus. The vision of JGU is to promote global courses, global programmes, global curriculum, global research, global collaborations, and global interaction through a global faculty. In the academic year 2012-13, JGLS offers a five year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) programme; a three year LL.B. programme and an LL.M. programme. The LL.M. programme of JGLS is offered for law graduates, corporate lawyers, legal practitioners, civil servants, diplomats and judges with three options for specialisation.
- Five Year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Programme: 10+2 examination or equivalent with not less than 45% aggregate marks (students graduating in 2012 can apply)
- Three Year LL.B. Programme: Bachelor's degree in any subject with not less than 45% aggregate marks (students graduating in 2012 can apply).
- Two Year LL.M. Programme: Three year LL.B. or five year B.A. LL.B. with not less than 45% aggregate marks (students graduating in 2012 can apply).
JGLS is offering a specially designed, fully accredited two year full-time LL.M. programme for students seeking a world class post-graduate education in law. Three year LL.B. or five year B.A. LL.B. with not less than 45% aggregate marks (students graduating in 2012 can apply). Three options for specialisation exist: Corporate and Financial Law, International Trade Law and Intellectual Property Rights. In the LL.M. programme, the students will be free to choose from a variety of electives in addition to the required courses. The LL.M. students will also have the option of choosing appropriate courses from Jindal Global Business School (JGBS) and the Jindal School of International Affairs (JSIA).
- LSAT-India Examination: 5th May, 2012 (Saturday)
- Last date to submit JGLS admission application: 31st May, 2012 (Thursday)
- Last date to submit JGLS scholarship applicationL 31st May, 2012 (Thursday)
- LSAT- India results: 4th June, 2012 (Monday)
How to Apply:
Students for admission to the five year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), three year LL.B. and two year LL.M. programmes at JGLS will be selected on on the basis of their performance in the Law School Admission Test-India (LSAT-India). LSAT-India is an entrance test designed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA and is conducted by Pearson VUE, LSAC's affiliate in India. The test will be in a multiple choice format and covers logical reasoning, analytical reasoning and reading comprehension. A sample test is available on the LSAT-India website - www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia.
Apply to JGLS on the prescribed JGU/JGLS application form by giving a demand draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of O.P. Jindal Global University, payable at Sonepat or by making payment online. For overseas candidates the application fee will be US$ 30. An online JGU/JGLS application is available on the website - www.jgls.edu.in
O.P. Jindal Global University
Sonipat Narela Road, Near Jagdishpur Village, Sonipat
Haryana-131001, NCR of Delhi, India
Tel: +91-130-3057800 / 801 / 802 / 804 / 805; Fax: +91-130-3057803
Download Admission Brochure, LLM Admission Brochure, Application Form