Second International Conference of the South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology (SASCV)
The Conference is organized by the South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology (SASCV) and Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (A public funded Institution under section 2F and 12B of UGC), Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India.
Date: 11th - 13th January, 2013
Venue: The Venue of the Conference is Hotel Singaar International, Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India
Theme: Revisiting Interpersonal Crimes and Victimization
Sub Focal Themes:
- Interpersonal Crimes against and by Women
- Interpersonal crimes against Children and Youth
- Men as Victims: Myths and Realities
- Culture Conflict and Victimization of Groups
- Interpersonal Cyber Crimes: Problems of Social Networking
There are 3 slots of abstract submission:
- Internet stalking and harassment
- Problems of privacy infringement
- Cyber bullying
- Identity Theft and Fraud
- Online identity misuse
- Cyber blackmailing
- Homicide/ Suicide with the help of Internet
- Child online grooming
- Jurisdictional and definitional concerns with computer-mediated interpersonal crimes
- Hate crimes in the Internet
- Insider Threat and Interpersonal Cyber Crimes
- Online sexual exploitation of women and children
- Are Children Victims or offenders?
- Patterns and Trends of online victimization
- Legal issues in sexting
- Criminological Theories vis a vis Interpersonal Cyber Crimes
- Abstracts submitted before 1st August, 2012 will receive a final decision on 1st September, 2012.
- Abstracts submitted before 1st September, 2012 will receive a final decision on 1st October, 2012.
- Abstracts submitted before 1st October, 2012 will receive a final decision on 1st November, 2012.
- Within 2 weeks of the selection of the abstract, an extended abstract of 1000-1500 words, along with power point presentation (PPT) of the paper has to be sent to the conference administrator and full written paper will not be required for presentation at the conference. Only Extended abstracts and PPTs will be published on DVD-ROM.
- All the authors are expected to register for the Conference and attend the Conference to present their papers in person.
- Sending in an abstract implies a commitment to actually participate to the conference. Those unable to attend are urged to make this known to the Conference Administrator as soon as possible. Not showing up without any notice has shown to harm the quality of the panel session.
- For publication of revised papers: After the Conference, an expert committee will select quality papers based on the extended abstracts and presentation of the authors at the conference and revised papers (not exceeding 8000 words) will be invited from the selected authors, (Sufficient time would be provided to write) and will be published in a special conference edition of the International Journal of Criminal Justice Sciences (official journal of SASCV) and/or an edited book volume to be published by Taylor and Francis Group.
Dr. K. Jaishankar
General Chair - SASCV 2013 and President - SASCV
Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
Tamil Nadu, India.