Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - Admission to Ph.D Programme
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D Programme in various disciplines of Engineering, Management, Education, Medicine & Para Medical Health Sciences, Law & legal Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences and Applied Sciences in University School of Studies (USS) and Approved Research Centers (ARC).
An applicant possessing any one of the following qualifications shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University.
- A Master's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Humanities/ Social Sciences/Commerce/ Medicine/ Law/ Education/ Pharmacy/ Management/ of a recognized Indian University, or a post graduate degree approved by Association of Indian Universities/AICTE/ UGC/ MCI/ Bar Council/ Pharmacy Council, or any other equivalent qualification to the satisfaction of Academic Council of the University duly approved by equivalence committee of the University, in the relevant field, with not lessthan 60% marks in aggregate.
- Applicants with:
For applicants belonging to SC/ST category and/or physically handicapped applicants, a relaxation of 5% in marks shall be admissible under eligibility conditions.
Teachers working in any University or its affiliated colleges and having a teaching/research/other relevant experience of not less than 3 years may be alloweda relaxation of 5% marks under clause (i) Provided that out of the two relaxations stipulated under clauses (iii) and (iv), only one relaxation is permissible for an applicant.
Perspective Research Candidate generally shall not have completed an age of 55 years at the time of submission of application for registration for Ph.D. A relaxation in the prescribed age beyond 55 years can, however be recommended by the SRC/BOS recording appropriate justification for the approval by the Vice - Chancellor.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology with either 75% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of three years, or 60% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of fifteen years, relevant experience in recognized Institute/ University/ Industry/ Government Organization, may be considered eligible for admission, on the recommendation of SRC and approval by BOS.
- MBBS Degree (approved by MCI) with either 60% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of three years or 50% or more marks in aggregate and a minimum of 15 years relevant experience in Recognized Govt. Hospital/ Organization may be considered eligible for admission on the recommendation of SRC and approval by the BOS.
All the applicants shall have to appear for Research Aptitude Test (RAT) except Foreign Nationals. Candidates shall be provisionally registered if they are selected through the entrance test RAT conducted by the G.G.S. Indraprastha University and thereafter Interview shall be conducted.
- Last date for receipt of applications: 16th April, 2012 (Monday) by 5:00 p.m.
- Date of written Test: 5th May, 2012 (Saturday)
The interested candidates may apply by 16th April, 2012 on the prescribed application form which is available on the University Website. Filled application form along with the relevant Certificates/ Testimonials must reach at "Director (Research & Consultancy) office, Administrative Block, C - Wing, Room No. 005, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka Campus, Sec - 16 C, New Delhi - 110 075." Application received after due date will not be considered. There is no fee for filling the application form.
Dwarka Campus, Sec-16-C,
New Delhi - 110 075
Phone: 011 25302123
Download Notification, Application Form & Brochure