National Seminar on "Electoral Reforms in India in Contemporary Constitutional Perspective"
In the crusade against corruption, everybody argues that the political corruption emanate from the electoral malpractices. Hence, there is crying need for electoral reforms. With a view to understand this issue in proper perspective and to deliberate on various aspect of electoral reforms, the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organizing one day National Seminar on 'Electoral Reform in India in Contemporary Constitutional Perspective'.
Date: 22nd April, 2012.
Venue: Law Faculty Auditorium, Lucknow University, IInd Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow.
Call for Papers:
Paper submissions are invited from law students, lawyers, academicians and other stakeholders to contribute their Articles/Research paper on any of the aforesaid or related/relevant topic.
- Right to Reject (How to ensure that only good people are fielded by political parties?)
- Right to Recall (How to ensure accountability to voters?)
- Compulsory Voting (How to increase the voter"s turn out?)
- How to ensure inner party democracy in various political parties?
- How to strengthen Election Commission so that Parliament is not tempted to overpower it?
Papers are invited on any one of the Main/sub-theme or which is related with the concept of Electoral reform as enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Papers should be submitted in hard as well as soft copies.
- The soft copies should be MS Word format (English: Times New Roman, font size 12 and Hindi: Kruti Dev : 10, font size 14).
- The paper of any of the above theme along with abstract should be sent to Dr. Rakesh Kr. Singh (Organizing Secretary) at email: email@example.com or through registered post at
Law Faculty, Lucknow University,
IInd Campus, Sitapur Road,
Lucknow - 226021
- The last date for submission is 5th April, 2012.
- Selected papers will be published in the book form.
Participants have to pay a nominal registration fee of Rs.500/- (for students Rs.300/-) in cash which will deposited at the venue of the Seminar. Due to budgetary constraint, no T.A. & D.A shall be provided to delegates by the organizers. The weather will be pleasant at that time. Other details regarding Seminar can be obtained from the Organising Secretary/Co-ordinator.
Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow
IInd Campus, Sitapur Road
Lucknow - 226021
Phone: 0522-2732316, 0522-2363113