International Seminar on Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles to Go
Gujarat National Law University is going to organize a multi-disciplinary two-day international seminar on "Journey of Women Empowerment: Miles To Go".
Date: 17th - 18th March, 2012
Venue: Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
Call for Papers:
- Last date for submission of abstract: 31st January, 2012
- Notification of selection of abstract: 3rd February, 2012
- Last date for submission of full paper: 28th February, 2012
- Notification of reviewed full paper: 4th March, 2012
- Last date for registration of participants: 28th February, 2012
Themes & Sub Themes:
- Legal trends
- Sexual Harassment Vis-a-vis Post Vishakha
- Domestic violence
- Constitutional Imperatives
- Immunities under law
- Inter - State adoption of female child
- Role of Police in execution of the women rights
- Women and Panchayati Raj
- Inter caste relations
- Female foeticide
- Public opinion
- Gender jurisprudence
- Women's Property rights
- Right to wages: A case of gender Discrimination
- Right to Employment: Problems & Prospect
- Corporate leadership & Women
- Women participation in the process of Development
- Live in Relationship
- Judicial approach
- Political participation of women
- Needs to Revisit the law relating to women
- Papers submitted must be between 3,000 - 4,000 words; formatted with 1.5 line
spacing and Times New Roman with font size 12 and the foot notes should be in
Times New Roman with font size 10 and spacing of 1.
- Paper should have Footnotes only and not Endnotes.
- Submissions must conform to the Chicago Manual of Style (15th Edition).
- Paper should be annexed with the registration form and the following declaration:
"That the article is not and shall not be submitted elsewhere for publication until a
decision is made by the editors not to publish it. Gujarat National Law University,
Gandhinagar or any assignee is granted with the exclusive license to publish the
article in hard copy, and electronically for profit or not for profit."
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. The author(s) are solely responsible for any
- Paper shall contain a covering letter indicating Name of the Author(s), Designation,
Affiliation, E-mail id and Mobile number.
- In case of co-authorship, registration fee is applicable per person.
- The payment of registration fee can be done on or before 6th March 2012, after the
intimation of the selection of the paper by 4th March 2012.
- Authors of the selected papers can intimate us regarding the requirement of
accommodation so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Gujarat National Law University,
Knowledge Corridor, Koba,
Gandhinagar - 382007
Download Notification, Registration Form, Guidelines, Chicago Manual of Style 15 Edition