India IP & Innovation Forum
India's diverse and growing population and booming technology industry have contributed to the country's rapidly developing economy. Intellectual property is now a vital tool for Indian businesses and the need for a stronger domestic IP system is crucial.
In the last decade, India's IP system has undergone significant reform to bring it in line with international standards. The accession to the Madrid Protocol, the development of the Indian Patent Office and the proposed amendments to the Copyright Act are just some of the key changes shaping the domestic system and moving it further towards harmonization with international IP systems.
Yet many areas of domestic IP protection remain unclear for IP owners in India. How should I navigate the Indian Patent Office to get the most out my applications? What is the scope of my software patent protection? And what are the best strategies for managing my IP portfolio?
To address these issues, Managing IP is pleased to announce the launch of the India IP & Innovation Forum. The conference will bring together leading counsel with domestic and international advisers to discuss how India IP owners can best protect and commercialize their IP through a series of high-level panel discussion.
Date: 28th February, 2012
Venue: Regency Hyatt Hotel, New Delhi
- Patent prosecution tips
- Defending your copy right
- US focus - recent patent reform and implications for Indian IP owners
- The Indian Patent Act and software patentability
- Litigation in life sciences - lessons learnt from recent cases
- Trade mark protection in India
- Portfolio management strategies
- Aravind Chinchure, assistant vice president - innovations, Reliance Industries Ltd
- Dr Anindya Sircar, AVP and head of IP cell, Infosys
- Keshav Dhakad, Microsoft
- V Lakshmikumaran, Lakshmi Kumaran & Sridharan
- Viswanathan Seshan, head of IP & ;S India, Philips Electronics India
- Jeff Ranck, associate general counsel, Microsoft
- Anshuman Sharma, country general and legal head, Novartis
- R Parthasarathy, Lakshmi Kumaran & Sridharan
- Mr. Rajiv Chauhan, VP and general counsel, Pernod Ricard
The forum is free for in-house IP counsel. Advisers, consultants or private practitioners can save US$200 by registering before 23rd December, 2011.
Phone: +852 2842 6995