1st Annual Conference on Nuclear Energy Development in India: Role of Law & Legal Institutions
One of the main aims of Nuclear Law Association is to engage stakeholders relating to the peaceful use of nuclear energy. The first annual conference will be a confluence of the legal community, policy makers, industry, civil society, and non-governmental organizations. The purpose is to discuss the role of law and legal institutions in India with respect to nuclear energy development. The conference will be held on 17th & 18th February, 2012 at New Delhi.
Call for papers:
All papers must focus on law relating to the nuclear energy sector and its implications for India. Critical and comparative analysis of process and law is encouraged. The papers must be submitted under identified themes. The sub-themes are mentioned by way of example only.
Nuclear Polity, Law and Governance
Nuclear Regulatory Process
- Nuclear decision-making and the Parliament of India
- International Nuclear Energy Politics and India
- Role of the states and nuclear energy development
Nuclear Liability and Compensation Law>
- Nuclear regulatory structure
- Public Involvement in the nuclear regulatory process
- Regulatory independence and accountability
- International nuclear liability law
- Nuclear liability law in India
|Submission of Abstract:
||30th September, 2011
||10th October, 2011
|Submission of draft:
||15th December, 2011
|Peer review response:
||30th December, 2011
|Submission of final paper:
||15th January, 2012
|Submission of student names:
||1st November, 2011
|Confirmation of students:
||1st December, 2011
- Interested participants have to first send an abstract of not more than 300 words by the deadline.
- All papers must focus on law relating to the nuclear energy sector and its implications for India.
- Critical and comparative analysis of process and law is encouraged.
- The papers must be submitted under identified themes. The sub-themes are mentioned by way of example only.
All abstracts must be sent to::
Nuclear Law Association, 6/39 Jungpura-B
New Delhi - 110 014, India
For more details, please refer: http://www.nlain.org/workshop-conferences/first-annual-conference-2012
Download Participation Form