National Law School of India Review (NLSIR) - Call for Papers
The National Law School of India Review (NLSIR) is the bi-annual flagship journal of NLSIU is now accepting submissions for Volume 23(1) of the National Law School of India Review (NLSIR).
Papers may be submitted under the following categories:
- Long Articles: Between 5000 and 8000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literature comprehensively, and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcomed.
- Essays: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
Essays are far more concise in scope. These papers usually deal with a very specific issue, and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes.
This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement, whether in India or elsewhere. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
- Submissions are preferred in Times New Roman font, double-spaced. Main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10.
- All submissions must be word processed, and compatible with Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007.
- The Review uses only footnotes (and not end-notes) as a method of citation. Submissions must conform to the Bluebook (18th edn.) system of citation.
- The NLSIR strongly recommends electronic submissions, though hard copies are also accepted. In case of hard copy submissions, two copies of the submission are required.
- Please submit the paper to email@example.com indicating which category your paper is intended for.
- All submissions should contain the name of the author, professional information, the title of the manuscript, and contact information.
- The last date for submissions to Volume 24(1) is 1st November, 2011. Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions received after this date will however be considered for the next issue.
For more details, refer: http://www.nlsir.in/submission.html