1st International Conference on Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy [MIPS]
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay, India is organizing the 1st International Conference on Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy [MIPS], Mumbai, India from February 2-5, 2012
Theme: IP for Development: The emerging Paradigm
An International conference to provide the right platform to discuss the multifarious areas relating to Intellectual Property Rights and its management through the processes of debates, discussions and presentations is being conducted by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay along with the support of the Ministry of Human Resources Development IPR Chair Project, Government of India at IIT Bombay, India.
The theme revolves around the following ideas; however, it is not restricted to these.
- Economics of Commons- managing technology, knowledge transfer, standardization and pooling through IPR
- Strategic management of IPR-Informatics and analysis
- The IP management which is missing in the industry
- Myths and realities of IP branding, valuing and quality
- Navigating the Digital world with IP as the compass
- Role of Public Institutions in integrating equity of IP
- Rationales and Paradigms in the role of IPR
- Public-Private dichotomy under TRIPS Flexibility and Maximum standards.
- Innovations- Does IP close the opening of the collaborative innovation models?
Call for Papers:
All submissions are to be made online. Full papers are to be submitted by October 1, 2011.
Submissions which are selected and reviewed would be accommodated in Researchers / Practitioners/ Case Study stream.
For more details, refer: http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/MIPS2012/