4th KIIT National Conference on International Law
The School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha is going to organize the second edition of the National Conference on International Law.
Date: 11th - 13th January, 2019
Objective of the Conference:
The objective of the conference is to provide a platform to students of various law schools (undergraduate / postgraduate students) to hone their skills of negotiation and diplomacy and put forward their views on various issues surrounding international law. It is our hope that this conference will generate interest not only in international events that are organized around the world but also develop awareness in International Relations and its dynamics.
It will also provide the students a chance to interact with students of other law schools, legal luminaries and the diaspora dedicated to International Law. It is an opportunity to observe the intricacies and nuances of diplomatic negotiations and be involved in them on a first-hand basis.
Theme of the Competition:
The theme of the competition is in the nature of a "Resolve Dispute and Promote Cooperation"
Submission Guidelines - Treaty Negotiation Competition:
- Interested participants are to submit a write-up within a word limit of 700 words (inclusive of footnotes). On the basis of the write-up further selections will be made for allotment of Countries which the teams are to represent in the 'Oral Rounds'.
- It is to be noted that this write-up is only for the purpose of selection / scrutiny of the teams for the Treaty Negotiation Competition. It shall not be considered for the final evaluation of the aforementioned competition.
- The background of the treaty and the rules for the same shall be provided later following selection. Clarifications (max. 3 per team) regarding the facts of the Treaty are to be communicated through mail.
Submission Guidelines - Symposium:
- All papers should be sent via email to email@example.com in .doc or .docx format.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt in 1.5 spacing, 1 inch margin on all sides. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt in single spacing.
- A Uniform System of Citation style should be followed.
- Author(s) have to send an Abstract of the Paper within 300 words. Names, Affiliated College, Email id and Contact number of the Author (s) to be furnished at the end of the Abstract.
- The length of the Paper should not exceed the limit of 6000 words.
- Violation of this rule will attract deduction of marks.
- Co-authorship of maximum two Authors per Paper is allowed. Co-authorship for Essay writing competition is not allowed.
- The Author(s) will send a separate Cover Letter with their final papers incorporating details like Name(s), affiliated college, full postal Address, Email id and Contact number along with the title of the Paper. The Paper should not contain any biographical references of the Author(s).
- All Papers must be an original work of the Author(s). Plagiarism will lead to cancellation of the Paper.
- Abstract for treaty and paper need to be submitted by 7th December, 2018
- Symposium: Rs.500/- per person
- Treaty Negotiation Competition: Rs.500/- per person
- Accommodation (including food): Rs. 1500/- per person
Abstract for treaty and paper needs to be submitted by 7th December, 2018
Ms. Subhasmita Routray
Ms. Pooja Sah
Ms. Pritha Adhikary
KIIT School of Law
Campus XVI, KIIT University,
Patia, Bhubaneswar - 751024