Ayuda 2018: Odisha Inter-University Alliance for Legal Aid
The Legal Aid Society at National Law University Odisha is proud to present "Ayuda, 2018" - Odisha Inter-University Alliance for Legal Aid
Date: 5th - 6th October, 2018
Venue: National Law University Odisha, Kathajodi Campus, Sec-13, CDA, Cuttack, Odisha
Objective of the Conclave:
We believe that the object of legal aid can be achieved through greater collaboration between the Colleges. The objective of the fest is to introduce the participants to the idea of legal aid and have them contribute to our understanding and ultimately culminate in the greater collaboration among the students of NLUO to help and support the cause of legal aid in the state of Odisha. It is only with the aid of dedicated volunteers can we achieve the Constitutional dream of Legal Aid for the marginalized and hence, we urge you to be a part of this event, so that we may achieve this dream together.
The conclave is not only aimed at providing a platform to colleges across Odisha to share their ideas and experiences in the field of legal aid and education but also to learn and understand the best practices they can employ in furthering the cause of legal aid.
Events under the Conclave:
- Sharing Success Stories
The event shall be initiated with the success stories with respect to the past year discussed objectives by the participants and other actions undertaken by them. It will further be followed by their vision to resolve problems prevalent in their respective areas and their plan to increase the reachability and take appropriate actions for the same.
- Discussion with Authorities
- An interactive session with the authorities would be conducted that would deal with following factors:
- Who are the appropriate authorities and how to approach them when required?
- What are their roles in the legal services and many others?
- Theoretical knowledge will not suffice the purpose thus more stress will be laid on imparting knowledge through discussion, case study, interactions with the help of authorities such as, District Legal Service Authority, Police Department, and Women Commission, etc.
- Research and Survey Session
The object of survey and research is to get a real feedback from the community itself. But the most important thing in surveys is that how we conduct it. Firstly, the important thing is, what is the aim to do a survey? This session aimed at helping the students in understanding, how to conduct a research and the minute details of survey.
We propose to have a grand food fest this time, including the participation of students of NLUO as well as other participants from other colleges including the participants open to the participants of the conference. The profit made by the students will be solely their own.
- Interactive Session with the Unsung Heroes of the Society
- The session aims to share experiences of the guests that they have inculcated and what actually they expect from the young generation who is becoming a part of legal field so that their work and help can be broadened and public friendly law can be formulated. Our law suffers from "implementation crisis" creating obstructions and difficulties for the common mass.
- There will be 3 renowned and 3 regional level activists who will not only help the students to come across the actual truth of ground zero but also help them to be recognized and appreciated for their relentless effort to bring a change in this society through the circuits of law Universities.
- Field Visit
The object is to give the students a tour of the clinic at any one of the adopted village. This will give them an insight as to how we conduct our camps. A standard script will be sent to all the participants and the student participants will be required to perform a Nukkad Natak on the same as followed in an interaction of the participants with the community. A participating University with the best performance will be awarded with a prize and a certificate.
The registration provided will be provisional and will be made final subject to the payment of Rs. 350/- per individual member participant upon registration at National Law University Odisha on the 1st October 2018 or on 5th October, 2018 when teams would arrive at the campus. However, registration fee for colleges located in the KBK (Koraput, Bolangir and Kalahandi) districts is Rs 100/- per individual member.
To register for the event you will be required to confirm your participation by filling in the appropriate details on the participation form and mailing it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scan and attach the forms to an email to confirm your registration
- Participating students from selected colleges who require accommodation during the duration of the conclave are required to fill the Accommodation form and are requested to send it to the organizers latest by 1st October, 2018.
- Accommodation and food for the participating students and faculty will be provided free of cost during the conclave.
- This is to inform that we will not be providing accommodation to participating colleges from Cuttack and Bhubaneshwar.
- We will not be providing for any travel allowances to and fro Cuttack, however travel will be arranged to the venue of conclave from the Hotel.
The last date to apply is 1st October, 2018 (11:59 P.M. IST).
Ms. Sannidhi Mahapatra
Ms. Pragya Pandey
Mr. Shreyash Sharma
National Law University Odisha
Sec-13, CDA, Cuttack
Odisha - 753015
Download Brochure, Poster