TERI School of Advanced Studies - Climate Jamboree
TERI School of Advanced Studies' initiative, Climate Jamboree is a movement that aims to engage and empower youth from India and across the world to build a sustainable future. As a part of the Climate Jamboree, the Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies invites law students to participate in the mega legal event - 'Legal Eyes'.
Date: 1st - 3rd November, 2018
About the Event:
Environmental jurisprudence in India has been evolving for many years now. This needs to be expanded to cover issues related to climate change and several aspects of sustainable development. In fact, the Agenda 2030 document emphasizes the need to look at all SDGs in an integrated, indivisible manner. But, is our judicial system attuned to this approach?
The 'Legal Eyes' is an attempt to evaluate the readiness of the Indian judicial system to promote sustainable development. The activity is open for all LL.B students from India and involves identifying appropriate judgment/s of the Supreme Court of India & High Courts relating to the environmental / social protection and critically analyze them from the SDG perspective.
Any student currently enrolled in an LL.B. program
Rules & Regulations:
- You can participate as an individual and submit only one entry (multiple entries will be disqualified).
- A certificate from the head of the Institute indicating that the participant is a bonafide LL.B. student
- The analysis should be of up to 2000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Mandatory to follow the Blue Book Style footnoting. Structured into headings, sub-headings, etc.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions before proceeding with the registration process
Last date of Submission:
15th September, 2018
Announcement of Results:
15th October, 2018
Presentation of best works at Climate Jamboree:
1st - 3rd November, 2018
TERI School of Advanced Studies
Plot No. 10 Institutional Area,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110 070