4th National Client Consultation Competition, 2018
School of Law, The Northcap University, Gurugram is going to organize the 4th National Client Consultation Competition, 2018.
Date: 1st September, 2018
About the Competition:
The Competition is aimed at promoting greater knowledge and practical skills among student advocates in the preventive law and counseling functions of law practice. It will encourage students in developing interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office. Interviewing and advising are a significant part of most lawyers' work. The Competition provides an opportunity for a valuable educational interchange between students, law teachers and legal practitioners.
The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers (attorneys / solicitors / legal practitioners), are presented with a client matter. The students conduct an interview with a person playing the role of the client. Students are expected to elicit the relevant information from the client, explore with the client his or her preferred outcome, outline the nature of the problem, and present the client with a means (or range of alternatives, if appropriate) for resolving the problem.
The interview with the client is then followed by a post-consultation period during which the students, in the absence of the client, analyze the interview and discuss the legal and other work to be undertaken. The interview and post consultation period last a total of 30 minutes. The students are evaluated by a panel of judges. The students are evaluated against specific criteria that emphasize the use of listening, questioning, planning, and analytical skills in a lawyer / client interview. Once the judges have completed their evaluation of the interview, the students are to be called back in and the judges will provide a brief critique of the team's handling of the consultation and post-consultation periods.
- Only Law Colleges / Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate.
- Only bonafide students pursuing LL.B. Three / Five year degree programmes in aforementioned institutions, during the current academic year are eligible to participate.
- There can be a maximum of three teams from one University / College.
Composition of Teams:
- Each team shall consist of only two participants.
- Registration is on first come first serve basis and it's open to the first 30 Teams.
- Teams / Participants are required to duly fill the Registration Form (endorsed by the Head of the Institution) along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 2500/- drawn in favour of "The Northcap University" payable at Gurgaon, which has to reach the organizers by the 27th August, 2018 to the either of the following address:
Ms. Deborisha Dutta
The Northcap University,
Gurgaon, Sector 23A,
Haryana - 122017
Ms. Anushka Choudhary
The Northcap University,
Gurgaon, Sector 23 A,
Haryana - 122017
- All teams must also send an e-mail of their soft-copy of Registration Form and Demand Draft, latest by 23rd August, 2018 on email@example.com
- Teams from the same College / University can send a common draft for the whole amount.
- Accommodation will be provided with an extra cost of Rs. 1200 per member for a day.
- All the participants shall carry their College / University Identity Cards at the time of registration as well as at all times thereafter, during the competition. Participants are advised to carry photocopies of all duly filled forms that have been submitted to the organizers.
The participants should arrive on 1st September, 2018, latest by 8:30 a.m. at The NorthCap University. The teams has to arrange transportation on their own. Teams can come either by metro (Nearest Metro Station M.G. Road / IFFCO Chowk) or by road transport or by any other means.
The last date for registration is 23rd August, 2018.
Mr. Biswaksen Panda
Mr. Manmohit Grewal
Ms. N. Francita Mary Virgil
The Northcap University
Sector 23 A, Gurgaon - 122017