National Online Case Comment Writing Competition 2018
Law Audience in collaboration with Legal Desire presents the National Online Case Comment Writing Competition 2018.
About the Competition:
The event is aimed at promoting the importance of latest landmark judgments. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. Law Audience is providing an opportunity for legal minds to express their opinions on these latest landmark judgments in the form of case comment writing.
- It shall be an online event.
- At present, students / participants must be pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Law, i.e., 3 year LL.B. or 5 year LL.B course from any recognized College or University or pursuing LL.M from any recognized University or preparing for judiciary or pursuing any Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in any field.
- It is also open for Advocates, Professors, and Judges etc. Even a person who is not related to the field of law can participate in it.
- In one team, not more than 2 participants are allowed. However, participants may seek individual or single participation. In one team, students from different Universities are allowed.
- Any University / College can send as much entries as possible.
Cases Available for Case Comment Writing:
- Common Cause (A Regd. Society) v. Union of India and another (Writ Petition (Civil) No. 215 of 2005).
- Pawan Kumar v. State of H.P. (Criminal Appeal No. 775 of 2017, (arising out of S.L.P. (Crl) No. 8998 of 2016)).
- Justice K S Puttaswamy (Retd.) and another V. Union of India and Ors. (Writ Petition (Civil) No 494 of 2012).
- Shayara Bano v. Union of India and others (Writ Petition (C) No. 118 of 2016).
- Mukesh & Anr. v. State for NCT of Delhi & Ors. (Criminal Appeal Nos. 607-608 of 2017, (arising out of S.L.P. (Criminal) Nos. 3119-3120 of 2014)).
Format of Case Comment:
- Background of the Case
- Case Comment / Analysis
- Word limit - Minimum 2500 words & Maximum 5000 words (including footnotes)
- Format - MS Word; font - Times New Roman
- Font size - 12 for text, 14 for Headings, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers - bottom center
- Line Spacing - 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment - Justified and layout must be A4 size
- Margin - One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition)
Note: Don't include your personal details anywhere in the soft copy of Case Comment otherwise it will be disqualified.
- The Registration fee is Rs 250/- for an Individual / Single Registration & Rs. 300/- for a Team Registration.
- Registration fees should be paid via Paytm @8351033361 or deposit the registration fees into a bank account. Bank account details are: Name of the Account Holder: Mr. Varun Kumar, Account No: 918351033361, IFSC Code: PYTM0123456.
- The participants must submit the duly filled registration form via JotForm after making Payment, attach the screenshot of Payment while filling up the registration form.
- An acknowledgment will be auto generated after filling up the registration form.
Note: All submissions must be sent as Docx files through a Google form. Submissions submitted through any other mode other than Google form shall be disqualified. The title of the Soft Copy of Case Comment must be in the following format: "Law Audience's National Online Case Comment Writing Competition 2018".
- First Prize: Certificate of Merit + Cash Prize of Rs. 500/- + 10 percent cashback on all upcoming events of Law Audience till December 2018 + Publication of Case Comment in Law Audience Journal.
- Second Prize: Certificate of Merit + Cash Prize of Rs. 400/- + 10 percent cashback on all upcoming events of Law Audience till December 2018 + Publication of Case Comment in Law Audience Journal.
- Third Prize: Certificate of Merit + 10 percent cashback on all upcoming events of Law Audience till December 2018 + Publication of Case Comment in Law Audience Journal.
A soft copy of the certificate of participation will be emailed to all the participants after the successful declaration of the official result.
Note: Law Audience reserves the right to remove any of the above-mentioned prizes (In case, if we don't receive suitable submissions).
Date of release of Official Notification:
25th July, 2018
Last date for Registration:
4th August, 2018
Last date For Clarifications & Allotment of Team Codes:
5th August, 2018
Last date for Submission of Soft Copy of Case Comment:
25th August, 2018
Declaration of Result:
On or before 5th September, 2018
Mr. Varun Kumar,
Founder & CEO & Editor-In-Chief
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org