National Essay Writing Competition on World Population Day 2018
Law Audience is going to organize an online National Essay Writing Competition on World Population Day 2018.
About the Essay:
The 'World Population Day' is observed on 11th of July of every year. This day is aimed at raising the awareness of global issue of increasing Population. Increasing Population is a big concern for 21st Century. To tickle with this problem many Nations have adopted the concept of Two Child Policy. Even India have introduced certain Bills in the Lok Sabha to control the increasing population of the Indian Country. However, they are still pending in the Lok Sabha.
The 'World Population Day' was recommended by Dr. K.C. Zachariah. This Online Essay Writing Competition is a small initiative of 'Law Audience', to make the citizens aware about the problem of increasing Population.
The Competition will consist of only single round. The top students / teams / participants will be awarded with cash prize and other participants will get a soft copy of certificate of participation. If you don't submit a soft copy of the essay then no certificate of participation shall be provided. It shall be an online event.
Theme of the Essay: Is it the Right Time to have a Population Control Law in India?
- Meaning of Population
- World Population Day
- History of World Population Day
- Definitions of Population
- Can Law play an important role in controlling it?
- Consequences of increasing Population.
- Discuss various Bills introduced in the Lok Sabha to control population.
- The Population Control Bill, 2016
- The Population Control Bill, 2015
- The Population Control Bill, 2005
- The Population Control Bill, 2000
- The Population Control and Family Welfare Bill, 1999
- Your personal views on above introduced Bills.
- Should India adopt Two Child Policy?
- Your suggestions to control population.
- Case Laws / Court's Opinions (If any)
Note: You cannot create your own theme. You are requested to follow the above-mentioned theme and you have to include all the above-mentioned synopsis in your essay. However, you can change the sequence of the synopsis and you can also add any new point in the above-mentioned synopsis. But, you cannot delete any point mentioned in the synopsis. If you do not follow the above-mentioned format then your submissions will be disqualified.
- The participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor's Degree in any field or Bachelor's Degree in Law i.e. 3 year LL.B. course or 5 year LL.B. course from any recognized University / School or pursing LL.M. from any recognized University or person who is preparing for judiciary or Advocates or Persons related to the profession of law or any other profession.
- You have to subscribe to our Newsletter and It is compulsory otherwise your submissions will not be considered. We'll not spam your inbox with unnecessary emails.
- You have to follow our Facebook Page, Instagram Page, Twitter Page and it is compulsory otherwise your submissions will not be considered.
Note: If you do not use Facebook or Twitter or Instagram then you are not bound to follow us on the same. However, the 1st Eligibility Criteria there is no exception, you have to subscribe to our Newsletter at all costs. Please make sure that you subscribe to our Newsletter only with that email which you are going to mention in the submission form. Law Audience reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time.
- In one team, not more than two participants are allowed - or - may also seek Single registration.
- Any College or University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any College or University.
- The competition shall be in English only.
- Write-ups shall have no plagiarism and should be an original work of the participants.
- Word limit - 3000 to 10000 words (including foot notes)
- Format - MS Word
- Font - Times New Roman
- Font size - 12 pt for text, 10 pt for footnotes
- Page numbers - bottom center
- Line Spacing - 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment - Justified, Margin - One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition)
- Font size - 14 pt for Headings & Sub-Headings
- Page Layout - A4 Size and 100 percent zoom
- There must be page bordering
All the submissions must be uploaded or submitted through a Google Form. Your Word Doc File's name must be: "Law Audience's National Online Essay Writing on World Population Day 2019". If your submission does not follow this format then it will be disqualified.
Soft Copy of the Essay submitted through any other mode other than the Google Form will be disqualified.
- There is no Registration Fee or Registration Process.
- This competition is absolutely free and there is no hidden cost.
Last date for submission of Essay (Soft Copy):
18th July, 2018
Declaration of Result:
31st July, 2018
Mr. Varun Kumar
Founder & CEO & Editor-In-Chief
Phone: +91- 8351033361